woods port in hard wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was told that stock saws were better in hard wood, because slower chain speeds just work better in hard wood. and they last longer because of the great demands that the harder wood puts on the chain and engine.Is there any truth to this? 95% of all the wood I cut is hard.I live in south western ontario.

if you have your saw modded for high torque it will fly through hard woods. I have run some of my high rpm race saws through hard wood just to see what happens and they fly too. You will find that most of the folks who down mods really dont have a grasp of them anyway.

I was told that stock saws were better in hard wood, because slower chain speeds just work better in hard wood. and they last longer because of the great demands that the harder wood puts on the chain and engine.Is there any truth to this? 95% of all the wood I cut is hard.I live in south western ontario.

Pure Rubbish!!!

If the modded saw is tuned correctly, running a sharp chain and the operator knows his part the modded saw will always out cut a stock saw!!!

Latest posts

Back