Woodstove Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goblin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Lets see photos of your woodstove. This is a big (3'x3'x2' deep) old (1970's) Arrow freestanding woodstove made from 1/4" thick steel plate. Irreplaceable as far as I'm concerned. There's also a screen (lower left leaning against stove) that replaces the door for viewing the flames. (Yeah, it's dirty :) and uses an oven thermometer sitting on top to gauge heat output.....but boy can it put out the heat.)

arrowstove.jpg

Last edited:
This a the photo of my Woodstock Soapstone Palladian wood stove. It was taken before it was fired up for the first time in our house (photo for insurance company). The stove was manufactured in 1994 and I purchased it used in 2003.

The stove is in our basement family room and it heats our 2600 SF (basement & main level combined) 3 bedroom ranch home approx 95% of the time. In the extreme cold, the NG furnace has to kick on to assist. We had a cold air return (white vent near the ceiling behind to stove) piped into our NG furnace. Turn on the blower for the NG furnace and it distributes the heat from the basement throughout the house. If we didn't have that, we would roast in our family room.

Gary

This is a pic of my daugter decorating our Christmas tree if front of our new Lopi stove last year. The unfinished sheet rock on the left is where an old Fisher stove was. It was too big for the room and the brick backdrop was dated so we took it out and put this in. Last spring I finished the sheet rock and replaced the trim around the window and along the floor. Having the stove in the corner makes the room a lot more useable and the rock work looks so much better than the funky old brick!

Does anyone else have a Lopi stove or are they a PNW thing? They're a great stove made in Washington but I havn't ever seen them mentioned here.

Cassitree.jpg

THis is mine. Developed by the university to get a high effective stove.
it promised to get 90 percent. It has a capacitiy of 9 kw. Burning 10 cubic meters wood in per winter. Heats up very well. 8-10 blocks a evening is enough to put me in my T shirt all winter (and my girlfriend too...) It has concrete (therman) walls, and a afterbruner in it (no kidding).

Last edited:
Nice place wood4heat. I would feel better if you put a faceplate on that outlet by your burner so your Christmas tree helper won't get shocked.:)

Nice place wood4heat. I would feel better if you put a faceplate on that outlet by your burner so your Christmas tree helper won't get shocked.:)

Yeah thanks, I put a grey outdoor style outlet with the flippy covers in there. That one wasn't hooked up, I had the wires capped and put the old outlet back on just to keep the curious out of it.

Im from Michigan and have a Lopi insert also.

I gota question for you guys though how do you keep your windows so clean?

Carl

I dunno, dry wood maybe. If I load it up and choke it down for an all night burn it sometimes gets smokey but a couple logs and wide open throttle cleans it up.

I keep the glass clean on my woodstove by using a 00000 size (super fine) steel wool pad. Doesn't scratch the glass.

The most hardware or paint stores would carry it.

Gary

I love JØTUL stoves, they are a combination of efficient technology and the classic design of fine furniture. And enamel is the ONLY way to go.

Castine, single door w/ short leg kit:

IMG_0869.jpg

Some fine and efficient looking stoves, but where do you put the turkey?

Heartland Oval, actually desgined the house around it. Have never turned on the electric backup heat (live in Montana with -20 to -30 temps). Heats 1634 sq ft with ease (have to be careful or have to open windows at night to cool off).

Don't even own a regular cook stove, this does the job all year long.

Never have to worry about what to do with extra wood.

D Mc and S Mc

Here's my Jotul C 450 Kennebec. I can't believe how much more efficient it is than my old BlackBart insert.

Last edited:
D MC, beautiful stove,have a heartland gas stove looks a lot like your wood stove.One year put a rack on top of our Fisher put the turkey on top in the roaster turned out pretty good.Looks like yours would do a better job though.

way to big

this Harman tl200 is to big for my 1900 sq ft house but it's the best rated that I could find in this area 5/16 plate steel with an after burner the only draw back is it has no auto draft. I used astainless chimmney liner for the pipe inside to a metalbestos up to the outside.
I used 5 full cords last winter in centeral Vermont.

TreeCo, don't you appreciate the JØTUL ash clean-out system? What a great feature. :clap:

Does your 3CB have it? I also have a smaller JØTUL, the Nordic F100 QT, which does not have the ash clean-out. BUT, I bought it anyway since it has one of the best fire views of any stove of its small size.

IMGP0004.jpg

Carl

A very strong solution of Ammonia and water (about 50/50). Spray it on and wipe it off like you normally would cleaning any glass. You may want to be sure that the glass is not so hot so you don't crack it.

Carl

I burn well seasoned wood and the glass stays clean. Sometimes the end of a really long piece will be right up next to the glass, and when that happens I do get a small area of buildup on the glass. A good hot fire will usually clean it off, but I do have a bottle of Clear Flame that I use on occasion if I want to really polish the glass.

The reason I knew they sold Lopi's in MI is that we have relatives in Buchanan. They use a Lopi to heat their log cabin, so I bought one since if they could heat their place in MI with one I figured I'd not have a problem in TX. :)

Back