Woodstove Recommendations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah we are probably going with Top Hat although their quote just came in pretty high at about 5600 installed for the Jotul Castine (one smaller than the black bear) or they've suggested the enerzone 2.3 (?) to save a couple hundred bucks....
My vote is for the Jotul. Anybody know about Enerzone?

What are they doing for $5600.00? Are they lining your chimney with stainless steel too or just a straight install?

Good thread. Im thinking the new EPA woodstoves will not burn green wood. Shure would like to replace my Hot blast with something more efficient.

This thread reminded me I need to replace the shop stove. I noticed at the end of last year it had a hole in the side. It's an old cast potbelly so tonight I went out there and took a hammer to it and just a few wacks and she was in pieces. Loaded it in the wheelbarrow and hauled it to the scrap pile. Guess I'm gonna need a new/used one if I wanna stay warm in the shop this winter.

I have heated with a wood furnace a Lopi and a Jotul. I am a Jotul guy for life. I loved that stove, I found a steal on mine but they are expensive and the quality is obvious! I regret selling it. They are very pretty stoves and make a nice center piece to your room. Buy one and you won’t regret it

Oh yeah, didnt think about that, the ash drawer saves a lot of work.
And you can empty the ashes without waiting for the fire to burn out and the stove to cool down and get dust everywhere in your house when you scoop the ashes out..

Ashes and dust everywhere is the very reason that I'll not have a stove without grate and ash pan that I can empty without interfering with the fire. If i ever replace what I've got, it will be the Jotul 500 no matter the cost.

I have heated with a wood furnace a Lopi and a Jotul. I am a Jotul guy for life. I loved that stove, I found a steal on mine but they are expensive and the quality is obvious! I regret selling it. They are very pretty stoves and make a nice center piece to your room. Buy one and you won’t regret it

^This happened to me^

Latest posts

Back