working for celebrity's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could be named the future lost clients thread. Remember: loose lips sink ships.

KInd of what I was thinking when I first saw this thread. What are we looking for here really is-"I cut down a tree for --- and we did lines after and then we did some groupies that were hanging around and..."

did some work on michelle pfieffers property here on the bc coast...talk about money...two big palaces, 3 million $ crushed gravel road going nowhere really... there was an area where they got that gravel from that was apparently going to become a motorcycle track and a skate park...had to sign a confidentiality report but they took months to pay us so I don't care about it...lots of other crews there working...one crew of guys would go and beat on the logs of the loghouse to give them that rustic look...

my x gf's next-door neighbor was Brad Pit's aunt and uncle. they have a huge symmetrical house with many Porsche's's. all the cars were painted ta mach the house:laugh:

sabres

worked at danny brieres when he was with the Sabre's. some of the best down to earth people that i have ever worked for. he even helped me when i was there.

I got to do a consultation for Ernest Borgnine. That was cool.

427px-Ernest-Borgnine_2004.JPEG

love
nick

I was watching Letterman tonight and Tracy Morgan said he just had DNA results that proved he was the illegitimate son of Ernest Borgnine and had a chuckle about your picture Nick......
attachment.php

We took down a tree for Bob Rock - Payolas and record producer(think Mettallica) on Maui. Beautiful spot, crappy tree had to be false-crotched all the way down uggg!

Not sure what the big deal is about saying you worked for someone who cares .I mean it not like you are giving away a actors location .I mean if actors , these hot shots think they are cool you cant even say that you worked for them .I never worked for anybody to special few ceos , bath and body works, jegs , longenbarger basket ,local beer dist owner .

Dropped a truck off at the president of Lo-Jack house once. Worked at the owner of a small airline service in Mass. The inventor of the bar code lives in town, but he has a cease and desist order against him for some reason? He has his own landing strip and car museum at his house with over 100 vehicles.

A little late getting on this thread but: Way up here in isolated northern Manitoba a couple of cottage owners I do regular work for are former governor of Alabama Fob James, now here is an interesting guy. Also do work for Seattle Sea-Hawks owner ,private guy only know him as Rambo's Lodge which is what I put on his invoice. A buddy of mine did work for Kurt Russell and Goldie at their cottage in NW Ontario. :)

my favorite ernest bourgnine clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEhKZNQlJrY

Most of the famous people i have worked for are dead, i work in a cemetery.
i have worked in a few cemetery's many many times. are you a tree worker? i find working in them a unique experience, and a lil uncomfortable. i have worked down in Philly at a cemetery that has frequent shootings and many gang members:dizzy: tons of dead babies and small children graves:cry: i did some sub work for a company that flipped there sweet azz crane in the cemetery:jawdrop: lots of large dead wood on some very old trees:) many fragile anti-targets;) so fer me its a unique experience.
PS. i cant stand the workers that wear the ugly coverall monkey suit's and stand around with shovels during the service:rant:

O chip, your the digger!!!:laugh:
:cheers:

Last edited:
I have had a few celebs over the years. One comes to mind as the most interesting. For 6 or ? years Sam Wych, the coach of the Cinci Bengals lived in my town and I took care of their trees and gave firewood in exchange for some very good seats.

In 88 we went to the Stupid Bowl. Sam, being his usual personality, yelled at the crowd during one game when throwing snowballs on the field at the players "you don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati, behave yourself!" Caused bit of an uproar but can't help but agree with him. I was right next to him in stands but wasn't throwing any.

Couple of weeks later he banned a woman (I think it was Phyllis George) from the locker and got a lot of bad press. His wife Jane (gorgeous woman) went into the local rag and gave an interview in his defense. He then had a big interview with Sports Illustrated and I was actually up in a large Linden tree looking right into the living room while the interview was going on.
attachment.php

Here is a picture of the beautiful Linden in front of the house we still maintain. My boy is on the swing.

Last edited:
Yep, we loved Sam up here in Cleveland; especially a stadium full of drunken Browns fans shouting Sam--my, Sam-my. That was the good ole days before Art Modell sold us out. I wrote him a letter last week and told him if he came and got the current Browns team out of town all would be forgiven.
Cincinnati is one of my favorite towns,
Phil

Back