Working with the foreman/My son the future bull-rider!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my neighbor down the street cleans everything up by throwing it over the property line too. : )

Are you aware that the files you're attaching are very much larger than they need to be? Those images have a JPEG "quality" level of 98, which is great for digitally archiving photos, but for uses such as here, a quality level of 70 or so is way more than enough.

Your first one is 664 KB and merely dropping the quality level to 70 drops the file size to 193 KB.

If you're viewing the images in software that is shrinking them to fit the viewing window then you're likely also unaware that they're rather large dimensionally for purposes such as this site, as well.

Shrinking it from 1053x804 pixels to 842x643 as well as reducing the quality level to 70, nets the attached file, at 135 KB in size, which is extremely much easier for those of us on a dialup connection to fetch.

If you need help reducing the quality level and dimensions for images you wish to upload here, give me a shout.

Glen

glens said:
Yeah, my neighbor down the street cleans everything up by throwing it over the property line too. : )

Are you aware that the files you're attaching are very much larger than they need to be? Those images have a JPEG "quality" level of 98, which is great for digitally archiving photos, but for uses such as here, a quality level of 70 or so is way more than enough.

Your first one is 664 KB and merely dropping the quality level to 70 drops the file size to 193 KB.

If you're viewing the images in software that is shrinking them to fit the viewing window then you're likely also unaware that they're rather large dimensionally for purposes such as this site, as well.

Shrinking it from 1053x804 pixels to 842x643 as well as reducing the quality level to 70, nets the attached file, at 135 KB in size, which is extremely much easier for those of us on a dialup connection to fetch.

If you need help reducing the quality level and dimensions for images you wish to upload here, give me a shout.

Glen
As you can see by the pic, the only thing over the fence was wood, which the neighbor kept. Everything else was professionally cleaned up. Whats your neighbors excuse? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back