Would you buy a Jonsered cs2255?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel Freak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, my CAD is flaring up. I haven't bought a new (to me) saw in almost a week. I just happened across a 2 year old J-red 2255 that is in very nice shape. I can get it for $100-$125. I feel like at that price I must have it. Must I? I have a 029 Super and I feel like this would be a good opportunity to see why some guys hate it and love or at least prefer the Husky 455 in this size saw. Am I off base thinking that even $125 is a really good deal? I figure that I can flip it if I prefer my 029s and at least make my money back. If I like it over my 029s well, I got that for such a smoking deal ($75 including the case and it cleaned up to look almost brand new) it was almost criminal. I have a hard time guaging the value of the 029. In my area, have seen them from $200 up to $350.

Joseph

$125 is a good deal if its in good condition.they are good saws for what they are and perform about the same as the 029.

I'm not a fan of the model, but for that price, I'd probably get it. The 2258/Husky 555 is a much better saw though.

Did you ever buy the jonsered.
Did it have the single bar nut.
I have noticed those lately, wondering if there any other differences between them and the 455 as I have not seen a 455 with a single bar nut.
Where you at in Michigan:).

I didn't but it. Iirc it was gone before I could get to it. I'm in Hudsonville; between Holland and Grand Rapids.

Joseph

Thought you might be in Muskegon. There is one posted there a 2014 for 275.
It has the single bar nut which I've not seen before. Plus i saw the listi g you put up a while back on the ebay thread for the little saw in Muskegon.
Just looked at your profile and figured out the Hudsonville lol.
I'm over in lowell about 5min off 96.
If you ever need anything get in touch.

Will do! I have a buddy that lives out that way off Grand River and Ainsworth. He puts a lot of wood up every year too. Y'all have some good hunting out that way too. I also have peeps in Clarksville and work in Caledonia.

-Joseph

His families farm is actually right on the corner of Grand River and Ainsworth which is a few miles west of 66 and east of Jordan lake rd. Ainsworth is a desolate gravel road.

Joseph

Ok. Ainsworth is also just sw of downtown ionia off riverside. I used to go buy it when I lived in saranac.
I also went by his place when heading to lansing area from my old place in saranac.
Do you burn wood at your place.

I heatr my garage with it. My dad has an outdoor boiler and we put up up 8-12 cords a year for him.

Joseph

Back