Wounded XL113 (con't. Losing battle thread)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was told to start a new thread with these pics, but they are also on the Losing Battle-ms290? thread, so this is sort of a continuation of that. Here are the saws I currently have and use. As you can see the big one has a pretty severe crack that needs fixin'. Any thoughts? I was thinking of placing a 1/8" steel plate over the holes to see if that would help. I WANT to purchase a new saw just because....well.....because, thus the reason for the previous thread, but I'm still hoping to get these guys in good shape should I want to wait a bit.

Im tuning in late here, whats wrong with the 113?

In any case, I think we have found the elusive "Suck Back" preventer!!

Been telling you guys HOMELITE was ahead of their time.

attachment.php

Last edited:
A plate won't help much now as someone in the past has reefed on the bar nuts and worn the surface down under the nuts and washers.

You can stack up some washers to take up the space then run a plate over them but it makes a confusing mess when you change chains as parts get lost.

Why not just replace the clutch cover?

That crack involves the tensioner as well, don't think a plate or washers would do anything to help that. Short of finding another clutch cover, I don't think there's any kind of efficient solution that wouldn't cost more than a whole saw.

My 113 needs a new clutch cover too - good luck finding one, I have'nt been able to.............

Other than the decal, is there anything special about the 113 cover? I think the 113 is a relatively rare bird, but if any of the more common models would interchange you'd be in business.

I'll check tomorrow and see if I have some and see if I can verify if they are the same as the SEZ cover or not.

It does look very much like the SEZ cover from the pic.

They may look similar to a SEZ, but they are different. SEZ cover is slightly smaller. They pop up on auction sites from time to time. A little patience and you'll probably be able to score a good one for replacement.

Dan

I have one NOS cover, (no decals), I'm now 100% sure it will fit, I already offered it to hill but if he doesn't take it it's up for grabs.

Just a thought but wouldnt anything from a XL101 up until the XL114 fit? Surely you could find one from all those different models. If I'm totally of base, just say so its nothing new.

I was told to start a new thread with these pics, but they are also on the Losing Battle-ms290? thread, so this is sort of a continuation of that. Here are the saws I currently have and use. As you can see the big one has a pretty severe crack that needs fixin'. Any thoughts? I was thinking of placing a 1/8" steel plate over the holes to see if that would help. I WANT to purchase a new saw just because....well.....because, thus the reason for the previous thread, but I'm still hoping to get these guys in good shape should I want to wait a bit.

I'm fairly positive that I have a cover on one of the many Homelite carcasses I have laying around. Not positive but I'll take a look.

Just a thought but wouldnt anything from a XL101 up until the XL114 fit? Surely you could find one from all those different models. If I'm totally of base, just say so its nothing new.

I was just thinking.....

Hey, I have that xl-10? out there.....Its blue, but Im sure it would fit.......

Ok, next question, how does the 100 series saws stack up against the SEZ? Anyone have both who can give me a comparason?

That's right, they are the same (most of them)!

Latest posts

Back