wounderluxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlfanboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So my old wounderwood stove is 13 years old and is done. Rusted out spot, 4 holes, pulled the fire brick cause they were shot. My problem is id love to have a nice fance stove (ex wifes dad put the ww in) but im beyond broke. Got room on the tractor supply card and the wounderluxe is marked 150$ off so its 650$ before tax. So my question is will the be an improvement over the ww? Ww was rated at 1200sf and wounderluxe is 12-1800sf. Only thing that looks different is the fire box looks bigger and larger grates. I hope the blower works better csuse mines pontless on the ww. My living space is 1200sf+ say 800 more for the basment the stoves in. It keeps the house around 60-65 with is fine for me. But I reluctantly turned the oil furnace on cause its -4 out and about 55 in the house cause the stove burned out over night. Theres also a hood above my stove that has ducks that vent on the main floor and all four bed rooms on the 2nd floor. So have to work around that. Id like it alittle warmer I guess.... so just looking to see if anyone knows if it will be an improvement over the ww. 20150212_215008.jpg 20150212_214949.jpg 20150212_214955.jpg 20150214_165024.jpg

Not sure but I do know If your broke you can't afford to put anything on a tractor supply card . Credit cards are evil and the tsc one has an interest rate out of this world with the monthly payment never going to the principle

Not sure but I do know If your broke you can't afford to put anything on a tractor supply card . Credit cards are evil and the tsc one has an interest rate out of this world with the monthly payment never going to the principle
I pay the cards off in the summer when were working again. Always make sure there no interest for a year.

But after reading the reviews on it I might just see if I can find a small welder and patch the holes in the ww. My big stick welder would burn right though the stuff its made of. Lots of people say the greats burn out and the ash pain warps on those wounderluxe.

From what I have read the blower is pointless on all those burners like that (circulators they call 'em)
If you can come up with a small 120v wire welder that would work real well to patch that thing up. The only thing is that the firebox metal gets crystallised after you've run those old burners hard like that, can be real difficult to weld...
FYI, I often see those things on CL pretty cheap, I had one years ago that I sold for $125 and it was still pretty good shape, might check it out...I just looked, there is a nice 1 year old one in Alliance for $600 OBO, course they probably won't take a TSC credit card :rolleyes: (it came up under a "wood stove" search) Also a wondercoal (same unit, actually, now that I think about it, mine was a wondercoal) in Kent for $375 OBO...
Edit, also a wonderwood in Mentor (no picture though) for $250 (searched wonder wood stove) and a wonderwood in Medina for $300 (searched wonderwood)

Yeah its run hard that forsure. I looked at cragslist and saw a nice hot blast id like to have for 600$ the goels to fix my woumderwood up witch I pluged the hows with 2000 degree caulk till I weld it. And in the summer get something nice. Frist year in the house. Fixing my unemployment today so a may go look at a few of those cragslist finds. Going to my buddys to look at a corn burner now. Just to see how they work.

Latest posts

Back