Wow is there a membership drive going on.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcome. I wonder if it is from these UBER gnarly(lol) wind storms the midwest has been getting pounded with after all the heavy ice we saw during mid winter?

Group drink?
lets%20drink.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome. I wonder if it is from these UBER gnarly(lol) wind storms the midwest has been getting pounded with after all the heavy ice we saw during mid winter?

Group drink?
lets%20drink.gif

That's about right for me. I joined shortly after the remnants of Hurricane Ike blew through last September when everyone had trees down. It seems that the past six months have brought more timber snapping winds than I can ever remember.

I had been lurking since about this time last year to get reviews for my first new chainsaw. I think I've learned more here than in my senior year of high school.

Group drink?
lets%20drink.gif

you said uber...lol....JK.

Yep, sad but true. A lot of people have started slashing firewood prices around here. I seen one ad in the grocery store for $128 FULL CHORD DELIVERED! No way can I compete with that.

I wouldn't care to compete for that myself, the wood is worth more heating my house than selling it for that.

I'm another new member that has been lurking for awhile. I'm looking for reviews on my next saw. I feel the need/want for a big saw to compliment my arsenal. Thanks for the welcome!

It just seems like so many new people lately. So if I Haven't said so Welcome from the DOG:clap::clap::givebeer::givebeer:

When You Run With The Best Its Easy To Forget The Rest

Yes, but(t) :) if you're not the lead dog the view never changes!:dizzy::dizzy::monkey:

I guess I would be considered new too. Thanks for the welcome!

i hear to increase traffic the site is giving away brand new ms361s to newly registered members.:jawdrop:

everyone.... re-register!
:)

I have been trying to figure out where that came from...Got home the other day and it was just sitting on the porch...I knew my wife didn't buy it for me...

Hey rat welcome all the :newbie:s I see you lurking

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

Yep!!!!!! Booker Dog U R right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: We Must Welcome tha :newbie:'S

Yep I came here Shortly after Hurricane Rita Sept 05,,, and lurked for quite a while (13 months) before I joined ,,, Man I'm glad I waited,,,, I Probably would own 35/40 saws instead of just errrr Twenty,,,, something,,,, (only 8 R 066/660's) 1 056 Mag II, 2 084's And 7 Huskies and 3 dolmars 1 makita and yes there's Moore!!!

Yes I suffer from Cad,,,,

Real Bad!!!!

Last edited:
I'm also one of the new members. As several have mentioned the recent ice storms and the cost of heating/economy were motivating factor in luring me to this site.

Always have repaired/tinkered with chainsaws. Father had business selling Poulan, Homelite, and McCulloch during 80's. He had me go to a McCulloch chain saw service training class at Elmhurst, IL during that time period.

I think this site has given me the CAD for a new 346XP.

I'm also one of the new members. As several have mentioned the recent ice storms and the cost of heating/economy were motivating factor in luring me to this site.

Always have repaired/tinkered with chainsaws. Father had business selling Poulan, Homelite, and McCulloch during 80's. He had me go to a McCulloch chain saw service training class at Elmhurst, IL during that time period.

I think this site has given me the CAD for a new 346XP.

Where in Ky are you?

Your father doesn't have any leftovers, does he?

Someone on a woodstove related site said this was the place to go for chainsaw related info/banter. I joined and have learned a lot. The economy is what had my wife and I switching to wood heat. This was our first year burning 24/7. This months gas bill was $33....... I would guess without wood it would have been in the $300's. What started as a way to save some money has now turned in to an addiction, cutting gathering, stacking etc. Great excercise/stress relief. Heating with wood is great, it is an addiction that is the solution, not the problem.

I joined this site for the logging info. To pay my way through college I went to a 16 week building school in Canada. Learned how to build log homes, timber framing, using natural stone to build foundations, fireplaces, and walls. Then during the summer I'd work on crews building high end timber frame or log retreats for the rich and famous in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Logging goes hand in hand with that style of construction.

I'm graduating this semester with a bachelors in accounting. If I could turn the clock back 6 years (yeah, I took a few semesters off) I'd get a degree in forestry or something. I love construction, unfortunately the market isn't there right now, and being in the woods. I've doomed myself to being a cubicle dwelling bean counter for a huge conglomerate. Slowly having the life sucked out of me until I decide to hang myself in the bathroom with my tie. :cry: :cry: Maybe I'll work for Wal Mart and compund my misery. Actually I'm hoping to go to work for one of the mills or logging companies around here. I had a offer last year to work for a timber framer as his accountant and foreman. That evaporated along with his orders for new homes though. Bummer.

At least I can be a weekend warrior. I bought my own land and am going to build a house on it. Hope to log the materials myself as well. Timber frame all the way. Just me, a mallet, a chisel and a pile of logs. Heaven. :cheers:

Good story.

Do scrwrenches fit in your pocket-protector?
Must be kinda hard to make those big, thick gnarled fingers dance on the calculator keyboard.
Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Back