Wow is there a membership drive going on.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 046/460's 1 w/BBkit 1 NIB
2 361's 1NOS/NIB, 1 BDN woods ported
1 036 Pro
5 044/440's 1NIB, 2 w/OEM460 ported topends,,, (MY go to saws, for falling!!! one wears a 32" GB Titainium the other an reduced weight Oregon 28" bar
1 020T Muffler modded w/mild woodsport,, the climbers freak when they get to run this saw,,, One calls it the termite on Steroids!!!! LOLOL!!!!

:givebeer::dizzy::cheers:

I joined this site for the logging info. To pay my way through college I went to a 16 week building school in Canada. Learned how to build log homes, timber framing, using natural stone to build foundations, fireplaces, and walls. Then during the summer I'd work on crews building high end timber frame or log retreats for the rich and famous in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Logging goes hand in hand with that style of construction.

I'm graduating this semester with a bachelors in accounting. If I could turn the clock back 6 years (yeah, I took a few semesters off) I'd get a degree in forestry or something. I love construction, unfortunately the market isn't there right now, and being in the woods. I've doomed myself to being a cubicle dwelling bean counter for a huge conglomerate. Slowly having the life sucked out of me until I decide to hang myself in the bathroom with my tie. :cry: :cry: Maybe I'll work for Wal Mart and compund my misery. Actually I'm hoping to go to work for one of the mills or logging companies around here. I had a offer last year to work for a timber framer as his accountant and foreman. That evaporated along with his orders for new homes though. Bummer.

At least I can be a weekend warrior. I bought my own land and am going to build a house on it. Hope to log the materials myself as well. Timber frame all the way. Just me, a mallet, a chisel and a pile of logs. Heaven. :cheers:

you are my new hero!
except for the accountant-bean-counting-hang-with-tie part.
me a mallet a chisel and a pile of logs.:) how i wish!

best of luck to you.:cheers:

Keyboard ain't the problem. It's the damn cufflinks.

Wow Krusty!!!!!! that was a pretty good Hit!!!!!!! LOLOL!!!! Rat rep Mega hit!!!!!
7 dark geenies and 4 lime greenies LOLOL!!!!! Come see me when you get to 50 post!!!!!

Volks Man too!!!!!!!

OK Booker Dog who many newbs did you Rep???????? LOLOL!!!!

Last edited:
What started as a way to save some money has now turned in to an addiction, cutting gathering, stacking etc. Great excercise/stress relief. Heating with wood is great, it is an addiction that is the solution, not the problem.

:agree2:
I came here AFTER CAD had already begun. We were having a new house buil on 14 wooded acres, and lots of cleanup to do. Cutting and moving wood is defintely hard work, and a natural stress reliever.:cheers:

I joined this site for the logging info. To pay my way through college I went to a 16 week building school in Canada. Learned how to build log homes, timber framing, using natural stone to build foundations, fireplaces, and walls. Then during the summer I'd work on crews building high end timber frame or log retreats for the rich and famous in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, Washington, and Oregon. Logging goes hand in hand with that style of construction.

I'm graduating this semester with a bachelors in accounting. If I could turn the clock back 6 years (yeah, I took a few semesters off) I'd get a degree in forestry or something. I love construction, unfortunately the market isn't there right now, and being in the woods. I've doomed myself to being a cubicle dwelling bean counter for a huge conglomerate. Slowly having the life sucked out of me until I decide to hang myself in the bathroom with my tie.

At least I can be a weekend warrior. I bought my own land and am going to build a house on it. Hope to log the materials myself as well. Timber frame all the way. Just me, a mallet, a chisel and a pile of logs. Heaven. :cheers:

You're a lucky sombeach with those dual skills to start out. Life in the ratrace sucks, but logging and construction is hard work.:cheers:

LOLOL!!!! Yep me too!!!!!!! I got a few of them,,,, This is a good Tred (SawTroll for thread LOLOL)

You ready for the PNW GtG. It was such a good time last year. Im really looking at putting one on in the fall also. Jman wants to show off his used 518 skidder. LOL He should be able to drag a pretty big log to the fire. About 45 min. LOL

You ready for the PNW GtG. It was such a good time last year. Im really looking at putting one on in the fall also. Jman wants to show off his used 518 skidder. LOL He should be able to drag a pretty big log to the fire. About 45 min. LOL

Bring BIL down to Spotted Owl's with you...a good fire tender is always handy to have around.

And, yeah I repped some newbies, too. Green rep for a change. Just don't tell anybody.

Bring BIL down to Spotted Owl's with you...a good fire tender is always handy to have around.

And, yeah I repped some newbies, too. Green rep for a change. Just don't tell anybody.

He's one of those guys that won't go anywhere.LOL For all the #####ing he did last year before the PNW he sure enjoyed himself. I think I will put one on in the fall just so he can have a play day. And penlton whiskey of coarse.LOL Beside will have about 100 cords of maple to cut up:clap::clap:

I'm way past Ready,,,,,

But I've had a minor/Major set back,,, I totaled my 3/4 ton truck out @ the first of Feb. Thank God I want hurt but getting in a new (Too Me) Truck is gonna set me back. May have to wait till the Fall Show @ your place to Make it back out west,,, but we will see,,,, Gonna sell off a few of My saws that dont get much use,,,,,, :cry::cry: but I need a truck to hustle my Tree and Stump Removal work,,, Looking at a 03-07 FWD 2500/3500 Dodge Diesel crewcab,,, so between just marrying off the Daughter in Jan. (That was 10K) and what I got for the Heavy Chevy,,, I gots to make up a few Thousands,,,, LOLOL!!!!!

So get ready,,, on the Trading post!!!!!! You CAD sufferers!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

I'm way past Ready,,,,,

But I've had a minor/Major set back,,, I totaled my 3/4 ton truck out @ the first of Feb. Thank God I want hurt but getting in a new (Too Me) Truck is gonna set me back. May have to wait till the Fall Show @ your place to Make it back out west,,, but we will see,,,, Gonna sell off a few of My saws that dont get much use,,,,,, :cry::cry: but I need a truck to hustle my Tree and Stump Removal work,,, Looking at a 03-07 FWD 2500/3500 Dodge Diesel crewcab,,, so between just marrying off the Daughter in Jan. (That was 10K) and what I got for the Heavy Chevy,,, I gots to make up a few Thousands,,,, LOLOL!!!!!

So get ready,,, on the Trading post!!!!!! You CAD sufferers!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Sorry to here about the mishap. Well you know your always welcome up here anytime. Great to hear about the daughter.
You selling the 365 special? I sold mine to my nephew and miss it. I don't know why with all the saws I got. Anyway let me know.

Latest posts

Back