Wright c70 116cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of maybes. Does it run? Is the top end good? Is it complete?
Most likely, yes.

If it's complete with no broken parts and the P/C are good.........then yes, it'd be worth $100. Atpchas brought his SWEET C70 to our GTG last November. He let me run the saw, and I was very impressed. It's not the strongest 7 cube class saw, but it is no slouch either. The build quality is off the scale, as is the cool factor. Charlie's saw looks like it just came off the dealer's shelf too.

Those saws have some weird features though. The timing is adjustable with a lever. IIRC there's "start" and "run" settings. The trigger is also the kill switch too. IIRC you push the trigger to one side and then pull it to kill the saw! They also have a funky Carter carburetor. They're a very cool old saw that's LOUD and has a great idle sound.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...40b2be5ebf32615d88256afc001f1b7f?OpenDocument

Here's Atpchas running his C70. Check out the original paint on it!:clap:

[video]http://s171.photobucket.com/user/Eccentric_photo/media/Bothe%20NorCal%20GTG%202012/M2U00018.mp4.html[/video]

Last edited:
If it's complete with no broken parts and the P/C are good.........then yes, it'd be worth $100. Atpchas brought his SWEET C70 to our GTG last November. He let me run the saw, and I was very impressed. It's not the strongest 7 cube class saw, but it is no slouch either. The build quality is off the scale, as is the cool factor. Charlie's saw looks like it just came off the dealer's shelf too.

Those saws have some weird features though. The timing is adjustable with a lever. IIRC there's "start" and "run" settings. The trigger is also the kill switch too. IIRC you push the trigger to one side and then pull it to kill the saw! They also have a funky Carter carburetor. They're a very cool old saw that's LOUD and has a great idle sound.

Model Profile: C70

Here's Atpchas running his C70. Check out the original paint on it!:clap:

[video]http://s171.photobucket.com/user/Eccentric_photo/media/Bothe%20NorCal%20GTG%202012/M2U00018.mp4.html[/video]

Dang it, I knew that was possible! Been wondering why I never saw or heard of this on any saws. Now I find out it exists! The adjustable timing, retard to start and warm up, advance to run. Why dont all saws have this? Just seems so common sense and all. I know some saws do this now with electronics, but just a manual cam over lever of some sort would be suitable.

Dang it, I knew that was possible! Been wondering why I never saw or heard of this on any saws. Now I find out it exists! The adjustable timing, retard to start and warm up, advance to run. Why dont all saws have this? Just seems so common sense and all. I know some saws do this now with electronics, but just a manual cam over lever of some sort would be suitable.

Some of the OLD 2-man saws had adjustable timing. I think it wasn't done much with 'newer' (meaning newer than the 1940's) saws simply because it's more complication (and therefore expense) and weight that isn't really needed for a saw to run. With digital ignitions, it (timing that's retarded for starting, then advanced for running) is easy and cheap to incorporate into saws now.

Back