• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy WTB: Stihl 020, 020av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mopar3

mopar3

ArboristSite Operative
I rebuilt the carb on mine it was in good shape not all corroded up or anything. Took me a couple tries to get the metering lever set and then tune it properly. They said a new carb was available from Stihl when I picked up a kit but it was 90.00.

XSKIER

XSKIER

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah, well that ebay one was nice looking. Who knows how high it could have went? I quit at $275, I wonder how high the other guy would have went?

crotchclimber

crotchclimber

ArboristSite Operative
I used my 020AV for a bit today, but then it died and I couldn't get it to restart. Has spark, so it looks like I'm 'get' to tear it apart for the first time. This saw is ridiculously finicky; hard to cold start and runs bad until it's really warmed up. Plus it's hard to get to idle without turning the chain and not dying. I definitely paid too much at $125.

griffonks

griffonks

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have a MS 200T engine, pto and carburetor with a really good looking piston as seen through the ports, it was boot in a batch buy from a dealer. So I have been looking for a body, even the seized straight gassers are bringing $300 + on Ebay, it seems to be a feeding frenzy. I think I found a body locally by calling every tree guy I know....

crotchclimber

crotchclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Yeah $125 ain't bad for a runner. How's it look?
It looks used but not too bad. Scratched paint and muffler cover part of sprocket cover (which some of these apparently never had) is broken. Had a new Oregon 1/4" chain on it when I got it. Probably the most valuable part :rolleyes:
DSCN1777.jpg

DSCN1776.jpg

wkeev

wkeev

ArboristSite Guru
Are you interested in a 009 top handle . I also have a rear handle 020 it may need a little TLC but looks good .

samdweezel05

samdweezel05

ArboristSite Guru
I have 2 that run but could use a little tinkering (carb kits and one has a faulty kill switch or chafed wire). Both have bars and chains. I have a third that is in pieces but it ran before I stole the ignition trigger out of it. I would sell them all as a package. All are in fair to good condition. The saw in pieces does have a crack in the bottom of the gas tank.

k_kindig11

k_kindig11

ArboristSite Operative
I have a 020av project. It fires up and idles but bogs when you hit the throttle, so I'm guessing it needs fuel line/filter or carb cleaning or both. I just got it on trade and have not looked into it further than starting it up. Oils fine. Compression feels real good. Comes with 14" bar and nice chain that I don't believe has ever been resharpened. One downfall is it appears to have had a helicoil put in the bar stud hole. And instead of using a bar stud the person used a bolt placed through the clutch cover and threaded into the case. Not sure if the case helicoil is the same threads as the bar stud used to be as I don't have a bar stud to try. But the bolt holds tight. Would be a decent saw with the stud and the fuel line/carb taken care of. Let me know if interested.

y4ahubev.jpg
pysemy9e.jpg
2e2evu6y.jpg
u8amuqut.jpg
3yta9u4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crotchclimber

crotchclimber

ArboristSite Operative
I just found out why my saw died. The lower ring broke and scored the piston & cylinder wall badly. So now it's up for sale as parts unless someone has a replacement cylinder and piston for cheap.
DSCN2048.JPG

DSCN2049.JPG

Latest posts