Y???? Y dont they start when you think they should!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigwelder

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well this is what is happening! I have been working on a stihl 064 that i have completely rebuilt. New p/c coil is great rebuilt card new fuel new intake boot new impulse line. Got the saw all back together and it wont start. Will run alittle when you spray fuel mix in the carb with a spray bottle but wont run after that burns. And when it is running it seems like it is bogged way down. Got the h and l jet 1 1/4 turns out. I am really confused and this point slighty pissed so any ideas on what it could be would be great!!! :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

If it's not the gasket/diaphragm order/placement, possibly fuel line or filter?

+1 on the fuel line and filter. Is there any evidence in the carb throat that it's indeed getting fuel to jet?

same problem on my 026. new fuel impulse hose carb rebuilt. blows 140 runs great wot. pukes fuel at low rpm. we need the big dogs to step in here

it has brand new lines all the way around. impulse, fuel line and filter, and the order in the carb is right i had already checked that i am bad at doing it so when they dont start that is the first thing that i check. yes i am getting fuel to the carb you can see it in the throat of the carb. really has me confused on this one. I really cant figure y it boggs down.

yes it was a running saw when i started this just way low on compression. so i decided to go through it. not thing on the ignition side is new and i am not sure on the keyways will have to look tomarrow.

yes had the flywheel off just was a couple months ago. cant remember. had a crank bearing with alittle slop so i replaced. Both pressure and vac tested then started putting back together. Then got really busy with wood and work. just gettin back to finishing up

Defiantely something that i havent thought about. Explain more? I mean seems to me like it shouldnt be spark problems bc when i spray mix n the carb with a squirt bottle it will run. But when you try to throttle up it just boggs down?

Latest posts

Back