Yellow Jacket Teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwidiesel

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What are you people out there paying for your teeth.
The New Zealand Vermeer agents have just increased the price from NZ$23 ea to NZ$41 ea. The teeth are good, but they aint that good. Will probably be changing to another system and changing machine suppliers. Savage increases like this dont encourage loyalty amongst your customers.
How is the new Rayco 44hp grinder going, we have a diesel Vermeer 352 and i feel it will be our last. We have had a brilliant run out of it but i think it is time to change. Has anyone used Greenteeth on a 352 and what are your opinions.

Yes; Vermeer and its agents seem to be taking the piss and should be rejected as soon as possible.
I use greenteeth on a similar powered machine; which I have been since just before yellow jackets came on the market. I have had a good look at the yellow teeth (though not used them) and cannot see that they are substantially different from the Greens; but have two disadvantages. Being sold in only one size and being less easy to sharpen.
I use the largest greens (1100s), which are over 1 inch in diameter. In the UK I can buy very serviceable copies at £3.80 (NZ $7.50 ?)
Being large, not many are needed on the cutting wheel. I run 8 cutters on a 19 inch wheel. 2 leads each side and 2 followers, set back 19mm (3/4 inch).
It all works very well and cheaply. :)

Back