Yesterday's dumpster diving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kr5258

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Spotted a bar first. Dove in and it's a Jred badged Windsor roller tip. Saw has to be close by... I spot a handle and start digging, Oh Boy! Well the handle was attached to an old Homelite Super XL Automatic but it was complete with only a small chip out of the airbox cover. Pecked with it this morning. Felt locked up but it was only the recoil seized up. Plug was cross-threaded too. A little cleanup of the spring housing. Patiently reinstalled the plug. Gave it a tug and it pops! Putting it aside for now. Here's the pics!:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'd be curious if anyone knows what year that saw was made. I have that exact saw&always wondered when it was made or any info about it. Nice find man!

Good score! I just picked up one last month in this group of 7 saws that I bought. It starts on the first pull about 70% of the time. I runs so well that I treated it to a new chain!

It is the one at the back of this photo. I had all of these saws with the exception of the blue XL 12 up and running within 2 hours.

Chainsaws.jpg

Spotted a bar first. Dove in and it's a Jred badged Windsor roller tip. Saw has to be close by... I spot a handle and start digging, Oh Boy! Well the handle was attached to an old Homelite Super XL Automatic but it was complete with only a small chip out of the airbox cover. Pecked with it this morning. Felt locked up but it was only the recoil seized up. Plug was cross-threaded too. A little cleanup of the spring housing. Patiently reinstalled the plug. Gave it a tug and it pops! Putting it aside for now. Here's the pics!:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm dying to know roughly what year this man's dumpster homelite was made. Any of the site veterans have an idea? As I said, I have this exact saw. It was my uncle's saw and ended up with me after he died. I've always been curious when they were made; I haven't the slightest idea.

Good saws. I have 3 Super XL's and 2 XL 12's. They are usually very dependable in the woods, once you get 'em right.

Back