You guys want the bad news first?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ####! I'm sure the surgery will go well for you and I truley hope it does! You need to get into building Chainsaw RC cars!

Jeremy, I really don't know how you've dealt with this pain. I've been down with my back before, laying on the floor, and couldn't even get up. It was so pathetic that I laid there and laughed. But that was NOTHING compared to yours! A few days and I was back in business.

Ya know, when u got 4 mouths to feed, u just kinda do what u gotta do.

In all honesty, I've been living off of Ibuprophen for the last two years, no less than 1000 mg a day, sometimes more, but sometimes less too. The pain Kinda came and went, but always came back stronger than before. This time it was near unbearable. My limbs started going numb Sunday night at work, but Monday I felt good, even worked on a 660 for a while. Monday night was a different story. Arms and legs were real bad. I was carrying my tool bag across the plant and honestly thought I wasnt gonna make it back to the shop. And walking out the plant that morning I turned my head to talk to somebody, and my knees buckled and I almost went down.

Needless to say, I went straight to the doc, and they did an MRI and as i type this, im headed to meet the neurosurgeon.

Crazy how I went from bad to worse in a blink...

Ya know, when u got 4 mouths to feed, u just kinda do what u gotta do.

In all honesty, I've been living off of Ibuprophen for the last two years, no less than 1000 mg a day, sometimes more, but sometimes less too. The pain Kinda came and went, but always came back stronger than before. This time it was near unbearable. My limbs started going numb Sunday night at work, but Monday I felt good, even worked on a 660 for a while. Monday night was a different story. Arms and legs were real bad. I was carrying my tool bag across the plant and honestly thought I wasnt gonna make it back to the shop. And walking out the plant that morning I turned my head to talk to somebody, and my knees buckled and I almost went down.

Needless to say, I went straight to the doc, and they did an MRI and as i type this, im headed to meet the neurosurgeon.

Crazy how I went from bad to worse in a blink...

And a good thing that is. Thank God you had a moment of unbearable pain and went to get an MRI. I know nothing about these things except that even a saw hack like me can see from the image that nothing good can come from trying to live with it.

I've asked everyone in our circle to pray for you Brody. That amounts to a bunch of folks.......you are being cared for right now.

Glad you found a good doctor. 90% victory right there! Take it easy and don't be chasin' the misses for a few weeks! Lower back surgery 18 years ago and it's been great. Here's hopin' ya have some little hottie do your sponge bath! Mine always tend to be the big burly ones..............

Well, looks like I'm headed in for emergency surgery this afternoon. :/

Doc said he's gotta get the disc off of my spinal cord ASAP. All my reflexes, and strength tests are normal, so he said there's most likely no permanent damage, thank God.

So, I'm headed to Nashville. I think surgery is at 6:00.

Y'all keep me in ur prayers.

J

Doc said he's gotta get the disc off of my spinal cord ASAP. All my reflexes, and strength tests are normal, so he said there's most likely no permanent damage, thank God.

J

Best of luck to you, hope everything goes smooth.

J

Man that was fast, we all wish you luck.

J

I like your doctor even more now. Very nice to see he's putting you first! :msp_thumbup:

Or, he needs a downpayment on a new Mercedes AMG S class. :hmm3grin2orange:

Praying for ya, bud!!

Take care of yourself Jer, things will all work out. If you need anything just let me know...I know where you live!!! Lol!!! Seriously though, I'm really not that far away.

J

How come I've suddenly got a lump in my throat? So much for you and your family to deal with all of a sudden. This was a little too quick to process wasn't it? You and your family are in my prayers even NOW. Here's wishing you a very successful surgery and a speedy recovery. And, don't be a stranger! We want a good status report ASAP.

Last edited:
Hey Wiggs, best of luck man!
I have been there twice and know how it is. Took me a while to get back to normal, and even after several years, threre are still bad days.

If you are lucky, you will be as good as new !:msp_thumbup:

Backs are a major problem with us old woodcutters and loggers. The discs are too small for the stress our big shoulder, arm, and leg muscles put on them. If I knew what I know now would have worn a back belt from day one. Wiggs you're in my prayers! Think positive and know you are not alone. God Bless you and your family!!!

prayers your way jer,,,, i know how you feel,,been in that situation too,,,, if you need anything let me know since i am not to far from you

Had the same kind of deal, not nearly as bad.

Listen to the docs!!

I kept screwing around and they had to do it three times.

Best wishes, heal well, be patient. Godspeed

Frank

Be patient, recover quick.....

You can always tell how bad it really is by how the doctor responds, judging by his response this is about as bad as it can get.:msp_scared:
Not trying to put the fear in ya' or anything, :hmm3grin2orange: just saying, from one sawyer to another, be patient(pun intended) do what the doctor says and heal quick! You probably won't see this 'til after the surgery but I'm praying for a smooth surgery and a full recovery for you, and for your family. :msp_thumbsup:

Back