You know it's cold when.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Took a nap this morning after workin the night shift and it was pretty nice and sunny,this afternoon but still butt azz cold here.....I ended up cuttin up a few days worth of wood,,,really just out playing around to get outside ,,and got done and started cleaning off the 346xp and blowed off everything and tryed to pull the chain around and it was like wtf!!! It wouldnt move,,and had me worryed for a min till I seen the links in the chain was frozen...I mean there was some slack and a slight kink in the chain and it was froze stiff...I never had that happen before.....I'll be glad when spring gets here....

I do enjoy cutting when it's cold,,but not this cold...At least no bugs and snakes around...

It was 2 degrees this mourning. I went to pick up my 16 year old nephew to teach him how to drop a tank to replace a fuel pump in a trailblazer. When I got to my sisters there was no split wood stacked. My oldest sister is single, and relies on me to cut and my nephews to split for her heating needs. Well of course seeing no wood split just pissed me off, so for two hours this mourning my nephew and I split. My 13 year old nephew is no help with a right arm in a cast, so I didn't give the 16 year old too much slack about the wood needing to be done. But man was it cold out. Worst thing wasn't the cold it was loosing my cell phone in the snow, no reception at her house so when I called it all I got was voice mail. Was done with the fuel pump by noon just in time to go by a new phone with the money made doing the pump. Its supposed to be below zero tomorrow. Hope all you guys stay warm.

I had two pairs of gloves on and my hands were still cold, had to keep warming my hands by the truck tailpipe to get feeling back in my fingers.

I put in a well pump for a new well this morning on the side, it sucked out in the middle of a field with the wind blowing. Then I helped put siding on my little BIL's house he's building. Glad to be inside tonight.

What this old man told me....

Gonna hit the bed,,but gotta leave some words of wisdom from so long ago..
This old man I worked with from Duluth Minn. told me it's cold when you go outside and have to stick your thumb up your butt and yell *SNAKE* to find the little feller... LOL!!
Goodnight all......

Had to bring my Husky 44 in to unfreeze it so I could blow it off with the air compresser.It was -25 yesterday morning here and getting down to -15 to -20 tonight.I got the wood stove cranked up all the way.Just too darn cold to cut wood or enjoy doing anything else out side.The weather person said it would be +30 by Friday:clap:

Jeez you lot have it cold!! We suffered -12 celsius but tbh it didn't feel any colder than when its -3. Lol.

I sure hope you guys have it nice in the summer in Minnesota, it seems like your winters suck!

I've lived just about all of my life in MN. I was born in S CA and was 5 when my parents moved back to MN.

MN winters you just deal with what is handed to you. Make sure you have a good battery in the vehicals.

Summber in MN can be hot. The humity is high.

You know it's cold when after a long drive through the snow to the cabin and a couple hours splittin wood to get the fire going, you're finally able relax, take a nice dump and catch up on your hunting literature, only to find the water in the toilet bowl frozen solid.......

I love how everyone likes to complain about the cold...the fact is you choose where you live. I live in Minnesota because I love the seasonal changes. It was 27 below yesterday and I was working on a deck. I love the winters here as much as I love the summers.

Latest posts

Back