You know you're a redneck when...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For many years I've contemplated the need for the Museum of the American Redneck. Now you'd think that would go in someplace central and heartlandy like Columbia, Missouri but my idea was in Manhattan or San Francisco. There should be a doublewide right in Central Park, with a parts truck collection to the side and a steel workshop/garage out back (here we say it the same as "grudge"). City slickers could view exhibitions on snowmobiles, ATVs, 4wd pickups, tractors, and of course chainsaws and woodsplitters. They might learn something about things that actually relate to survival and tangible work.

I mean seriously, I've interviewed my friends and work clients and rednecks know a LOT more about "high" culture than yuppies know about redneck culture. The only thing urbanites know in a redneck vein is about automatic weapons.

John H.

The city people call everybody who lives here, Rednecks. We call a lot of them Stupid. :) They seem to believe what they see on the commercials and try to take their Subaru up a road that has 4 feet of snow on it. Our wrecker owners make a lot of money off them.

The city people call everybody who lives here, Rednecks. We call a lot of them Stupid. :) They seem to believe what they see on the commercials and try to take their Subaru up a road that has 4 feet of snow on it. Our wrecker owners make a lot of money off them.

We find a lot people from back east that don't grasp the concept of climbing 4,000 feet in elevation will cause the snow to get deeper, quickly. Maybe city folk on top of that. Pulled a few out on snowmobiles... one with the snow cat. Good times.

Just got back from the scrapyard with Cletis.

We cleaned our burn pit and took all the METAL to the re-cycle yard. $350 ain't bad for a bunch of charred-up chairs, couches, tables, fence posts' hard ware!!!!

When the cute little physical therapist comes in after your cancer surgery and asks if there is anything you want her to work on and you tell her, "Heck ya, let's start on my erectile dysfunction."

Big mistake by the way as they have no mercy on you after that.

this has been nominated for "funniest darn thing i've ever heard"

you're pretty much a shoe-in for this award as it's so darn funny i had to invent a new catagory for it!!

you're taking pixs of your 4.5 year old with a big chainsaw. Seriously, I can't wait for school to start next week. My kid goes to a fancy preschool in San Francisco. (yes, I know that sounds stupid but I live in a big city and that's the way the system works) Other classmates spent the summer in Asia, Turkey, Europe and Hawaii. Mine spent the summer in OH with a new 372xpw. "show and tell" should be fun.

Last year I had the same problem. Children going to a school in central london, at the same time we moved out of London to the "country side". It's not countryside like you Americans know it, but we've got 7 acres, and no neighbours for half a mile.

So the children (eldest is 7, youngest is 5) got asked what they did at the weekend. "Daddy shot a rabbit...in the head...then we skinned it...yes erugh, the guts were like string". Youngest then chipped in "then mummy made it into a pie, yummy". Bear in mind that several of the classmates had little pet rabbits....

One week they had to take a photo in of whatever they had been doing. We had forgotten so we looked on the camera, and the only photo I had was of the eldest doing target practice with a .22 rimfire. Hmmmm. So we printed it out and sent it in with the target he was shooting at. 9 round 1" group at 50 yards - don't mess!

Latest posts

Back