You need a good laugh?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never understood how things like that get misspelled when the name is on the item.

Most will spell it "McCullough"... since that's the way most people say it. :laugh:

Gary

there's a clown trying to sell a DB on a CL near me. he listed it for $275 the first time. i usually don't do these things, but i emailed him and suggested these were very common and not worth more than about $75. i made it clear that i was not interested in his saw. he has now re-listed it at $175.

Yeah, CL is full of 'em.

I saw a hushyvarna for sail on my local CL not too long ago.

How far across the lake did the "hushyvarna for sail" get?
Was there any head wind?:hmm3grin2orange:

CL offers non stop laughs. I think my favorite to this day, when jokers advertise there saws for sale, they tell you brand and how long the "blade" is!?
With a 28" blade, you'r not sure if some joker threw it on an 026, or he really has an 044?
Nice "blade" dude!:laugh:

Easy on the spelling guys! Am I the only one who has these nicely structured replies to posts in my head, that have to be totally re-structured because I can't spell half the words! LOL

Easy on the spelling guys! Am I the only one who has these nicely structured replies to posts in my head, that have to be totally re-structured because I can't spell half the words! LOL

I didn't mean to offend people who have trouble spelling, I married the queen of last place in the spelling bee, and she's very sensitive about it. Some poeple just can't picture the word in there head. I think this guy did this on purpose, or he's got sausage fingers. If he went to school in Milwaukee, that would explain it.

You and I both, I can have the right letters of a word but in the wrong order.
For a hillbilly like me, if I sound it out it's wrong as most words I don't
pronounce correctly. I have really worked at it the last 4 or 5 years
and posting on As has helped me. But if not for the spell check you would
see me posting very, very little. Some don't try or care but for some
of us it is very hard. But math and stuff like mechanical drawings
come very easy for me.

I miss spelled two words in this post.

TT

CL offers non stop laughs. I think my favorite to this day, when jokers advertise there saws for sale, they tell you brand and how long the "blade" is!?
With a 28" blade, you'r not sure if some joker threw it on an 026, or he really has an 044?

Blade was commonly used years ago.

eye um tha wurst spellar n tha word, bot eye kan spel Mak Kulla chane sow. Thay du ruun gud tu.

Last edited:
Blade was commonly used years ago.

And still is used alot.

I can't believe how many people judge the size of the saw by what bar length it has.

Am in a mostly rural area the building I work in has many shops with
about 100 employees. Lot of them heat with wood and they know I mess
with saws. From time to time someone will come and ask about a problem
they are having with their saw. I will ask them what saw they have
am shocked at how many will say it a Husky or Stihl 18 inch.
I'm talking guys that have farms or run heavy equipment on the side.

Last year one guy was given a fried Stihl 290 he fixed it up and then
was telling me how bad his Husky would out cut the Stihl and he would laugh
about it. I ask him what size the Husky was he looked at me funny
and said the both have 20 inch bars. I then laughed at him (we can laugh at each other)
Anyway in a day or two he tells me the Husky is a 272.
I call him a dumbxxx and tell him his Husky better out cut the Stihl as it has more CC's.

IMO that is why most homeowner saws and such have the longest
possible bar on them in the stores, the longer the bar the more power it has. :hmm3grin2orange:

TT

Last edited:

HAHA, didnt even notice that, spell check didnt pick it up.SALE.....better:D Need grammar check.

And still is used alot.

I can't believe how many people judge the size of the saw by what bar length it has.
TT

I often work in an environment with a few people that know nothing about saws other than they're "noisy, smelly, and dangerous". Just as often, I'm warned about "dulling my blade" when cutting a root or a stump. Usually after a brief explanation that the chain is what's doing the cutting and that the bar normally will come out undamaged, I get a blank stare and ultimately the question after the cut is made if my blade is OK...while I'm sitting there swapping chains.

I've been advised several times that a dull chain is safer, that my saws are too lean since they don't smoke, that an angled back cut is better, and a laundry list of other things.

Back