"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scored this Stihl 031AV at a garage sale for $10. Don't know if it runs until I get it home and add fuel mix. Compression was good and fuel line was still there in the tank, we'll see. Even if it's been straight gassed, I figured the 16" bar and chain was worth $10.
Update: Just got it running today and cut up some logs. The PO had installed the wrong spark plug, which was a Bosch R10. I inspected the top of the piston, as this plug was too long, and the piston looked fine. Installed the correct plug, adjusted the carb, and I was out back cutting in no time. Chain was still nice and sharp, too.

I just scored a nice Shindaiwa 360 chainsaw for $50. It runs great
30e2d9b3c982ebcda1397e089b63561c.jpg
844819908fe76906f4f17c758abdd0de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$400 - for a 2013

A few years back I missed out on a barely used 395XP for $450.00. I spoke to the guy holding the garage sale for directions because how to get to his small subdivision out in the sticks wasn't clear using Google maps, MapQuest, etc. It was about a 1.5 hour drive one way. As I was about head out the door to withdraw the cash and drive to him, I realized that part of the directions weren't clear. When I called he informed me that a neighbor had asked to put the saw in the garage sale, but then changed his mind.

Doh! I was a little skeptical but the guy actually brought over to my place and let me check it out. It fired up on first pull and, DAMN, I was sold.

Fell back to my old junktorium place and picked up this little jem.
Only needed fuel lines replaced.
Looks new still has the 189.99 sticker on it.
Runs like a champ
I got so excited when it started up I went and weeded the garden with it.

$10.00
20160907_165108.jpg 20160907_165044.jpg 20160907_165052.jpg 20160907_165122.jpg

Price of these two finds today, $20 for gas in the car and a Happy Meal at Mickey D's for the missus. Both saws run extremely strong and only needed a wash off with Windex.
Look on my buddy's face that backed out of today's road trip at the last minute...Priceless, LoL! I'm pretty sure he thinks I suck.

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

Picked these up on saturday. mach 10-10, s550, pro mac 60, super 6-10 automatic and 2 others i haven't had a close look at yet. One of them has an Atom attachment for dilling fenceposts..
I'm more of a Dolmar fan myself. but i'll take a win like this any day.
i think 3 of them are running as well. will begin restorations as soon as possible.
What's the value of these suckers?

Attachments

• DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 70
image.jpeg All original stihl 044 with metal tag and red control lever, appears to be a early 10mm with slanted fins. Bought from original owner who said there was probably 12 hours of use on the saw. Looks like it came off the show room floor. Picked her up for 325$ and about 25$ in gas.

Picked these up on saturday. mach 10-10, s550, pro mac 60, super 6-10 automatic and 2 others i haven't had a close look at yet. One of them has an Atom attachment for dilling fenceposts..
I'm more of a Dolmar fan myself. but i'll take a win like this any day.
i think 3 of them are running as well. will begin restorations as soon as possible.
What's the value of these suckers?

The one in very back is a partner and looks like maybe a Mac 250?

that will never work - the throttle-thingy is busted! (damn, you suck!)
Nice chainsaw, I have both the 545 and 550, and Luv them both. Definitely has very high RPM's.

Latest posts

Back