"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta give it a soft bed of noodles to take a break on! I've been working a steady gig down in Chester VT roughing out wood blocks for a chainsaw carver. Some of the logs are 3' diameter or better and I can noodle these blocks out much more accurately with a long bar so finally I can justify a big saw as more than a toy. This was $600 at The Chainsawr, living in the same state as their physical store is nice. I've had it about a week but just noticed today that the recoil housing says made in West Germany, so I guess that dates it as a pretty early one. Runs like a top and noodles with the 24" like butter.
View attachment 479637
Where did you pick this bad boy up?

Where did you pick this bad boy up?

At The Chainsawr in Stannard VT. I hear their name mentioned on here sometimes in reference to mail order parts which is their primary business, well they also sell used saws and new Dolmar out of the shop. Quite a neat place miles from anywhere in northeast VT. Room after room after building of parts saws they pull from, I think he said they're right around 9,000 parts saws in inventory. :dizzy: Anyhow if you're interested they do ship saws, this is their local running Craigslist ad: http://burlington.craigslist.org/grq/5365394908.html Mind you that list is nowhere near accurate right now as far as inventory (no MS460, no 064 thanks to this guy, probably some others) but it's an idea of what they carry and how much they ask for it. Just give them a call if you're looking for something since they also have stuff not on that list, there was a half built MS880 project saw for sale out on the floor though I forget how much. He did mention that the used saws worth reselling whole come in a little slower these days. Pretty good prices on other stuff, got two extra 84 driver chains for $18 each which I think is a hair cheaper than I could do at a local shop.

Hello, been lurking around learning. Cool site. Thought I'd throw out a post to get started. CL find, 2015 372XP-xt basically brand new with manual, tags and all that came with it for $400. Not sure if it qualifies for suckage but it seems like a steal to me!
0119161625.jpg

Hello, been lurking around learning. Cool site. Thought I'd throw out a post to get started. CL find, 2015 372XP-xt basically brand new with manual, tags and all that came with it for $400. Not sure if it qualifies for suckage but it seems like a steal to me!
View attachment 480002
That is proper suckage

Hello, been lurking around learning. Cool site. Thought I'd throw out a post to get started. CL find, 2015 372XP-xt basically brand new with manual, tags and all that came with it for $400. Not sure if it qualifies for suckage but it seems like a Stihl to me!

>Not sure if it qualifies for suckage but it seems like a Stihl to me!

nope... it's a Husky!!! :laughing: sorry, couldn't resist!! ;) hey, nice saw! real clean... sure looks NEW! :) looks new and sharp! chainwise. I like it. like your workbench layout/setup, too... nice!

btw ~ I go for anything.... farm tuff! :havingarest:

Wow! I thought the two month old 261m tronic that I got for 400.00 was a good deal. Guess not . Nice find

> I thought the two month old 261m tronic that I got for 400.00 was a good deal. Guess not . :oops:

there, there now... don't cry. :cry::cry:

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

really? $400?... 2 months old?

like this?

MS216 e.jpg
I found this info online:

MS 261 C-M, Bar length 16"/40cm $1,599.00*
Prices valid from 1/1/16 to 31/3/16.

if you mean like that: "no doubt about it... YOU SUCK!"

looks like a You Suck Mucho deal to me! Arctic, huh?... you mean as in... Arctic :cold:? huh? like as in Brrr-r-r?... :cold: C-O-L-D? Arctic?

in fact, imo... You Suck... muy mucho!! :)

I see a toggle switch on R side... is that to turn on/off the heater in handle?.... Arctic! I like it!! probably need to get me down there's, sooner or later... so I can cut me some icecicle tree firewood. :rolleyes:

WOW! imagine that... a chainsaw built for the Artic. cool! I mean... cool place. (pun intended)

very nice saw! imo, if I was doing... you know... one of them there's In The Buff... firefighter or hot chix calendars, but for chain saws... i'd want an Arctic saw in it... :yes:

> I thought the two month old 261m tronic that I got for 400.00 was a good deal. Guess not . :oops:

like this?

View attachment 480075

:wtf: Is that ^ the price Down Under, or in BF, E?

https://brooksideusa.stihldealer.net/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/ms261cm/

like this?

View attachment 480075

like this?

View attachment 480075

Like this , getting a work over in Tennessee in April . I've had lots of saws but will be my first ported.image.jpg

Man I'm starting late this year this post is already 4 pages long.
I put an add in the local shopper for old 1 or 2 man chainsaws and what do you know?
20160120_113617.jpg 20160120_113128.jpg 20160120_113159.jpg 20160120_113248.jpg
And he threw in a kicker to go with it.
Old Fairbanks-Morse 3000 watt generator.
20160120_113008.jpg 20160120_113030.jpg
Both were free and not froze up.
I did give him 40.00 to get some lunch.

Man I'm starting late this year this post is already 4 pages long.
I put an add in the local shopper for old 1 or 2 man chainsaws and what do you know?
View attachment 480214 View attachment 480215 View attachment 480216 View attachment 480217
And he threw in a kicker to go with it.
Old Fairbanks-Morse 3000 watt generator.
View attachment 480218 View attachment 480219
Both were free and not froze up.
I did give him 40.00 to get some lunch.

interesting chain saws. looks like you scored ok on that ad! not sure i would want to cut any wood with it, though! lol.... :rolleyes: I do like that green generator... nice! I have a similar one, driven by an 8hp Briggs... mine is red. 110/220 v.

I don't know if this qualifies as a you suck or not, but I turned a craftsman top handle saw exactly like the one pictured..
$_1 (4).JPG

Into this...

2016-01-20 23.49.40.jpg 2016-01-20 23.50.11.jpg

The top handle and I went on a 250 mile road trip to straight trade for a box of three ms660's and a ms460. All were tarred and dipped in fir bark dust and ugly as hell. The owner traded work for the pile and didn't have any need for it, so he listed them on Craigslist for trade. The pictures were out of focus and I was barely able to make out a good Husqvarna bar and I recognized one carcass to be a 660 case. I sent a message with pics of my craftsman and he was all over it. Normally I wouldn't have taken this risk of driving that far for junk, but it was near one of my favorite fishing stops on the coast so I figured it was a win win.
So..one 660 was a runner out of the box with a broken clutch, two were missing top ends, and the 460 has bad bearings.
I traded the well used runner and this fresh build that I put together from those parts for the 880...which is brand new and has literally only made three cuts. I'm sick to see the 660 go because I built that thing to cut with an 880. Now I need to build another and try to keep it.
2016-01-21 04.59.15.jpg

Latest posts

Back