"You Suck" Thread 2022"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodslasher

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
. AS Supporting Member.
prognosis is good for the 288.

the top end has transfer but no actual scoring i can see/feel and the bottom end feels tight and smooth. it will still need to come apart as i managed to drop an amazing amount of grot/wasp nest into the bottem end.

it won't be tackled straight away but has been jumped a fair way up the que.

it also comes with a fully custom muffler mod!

View attachment 960297

i am not sure what is going on with the clutch, note the 2-3mm gap all round. i am guessing it has been swapped.

View attachment 960304

sorry i didn't get p&c pics.
That's the correct clutch, it's just worn out.

McCullochKid

McCullochKid

ArboristSite Operative
Does this count? I found something interesting and very useful at the thrift store the other day.
There's a ton of information to look through in here, but the best thing I've found so far is this troubleshooting chart for all the different problems that a 2 stroke might have. It's a very comprehensive diagnostic tool.
I'm not sure what the policy here is on posting images of things like that, so I only took a photo of part of it to be safe. You get the idea.
WalbroManual.jpg
Troubleshooting_Chart-1.jpg
Troubleshooting_Chart-2.jpg

TRTermite

TRTermite

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
prognosis is good for the 288.

the top end has transfer but no actual scoring i can see/feel and the bottom end feels tight and smooth. it will still need to come apart as i managed to drop an amazing amount of grot/wasp nest into the bottem end.

it won't be tackled straight away but has been jumped a fair way up the que.

it also comes with a fully custom muffler mod!

View attachment 960297

i am not sure what is going on with the clutch, note the 2-3mm gap all round. i am guessing it has been swapped.

View attachment 960304

sorry i didn't get p&c pics.
Notice how thin the clutch shoes are at the end of the spyder. Worn out is my thought.

Paul Silvestri
Paul Silvestri

Latest posts