"You Suck" Thread 2023"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are still in production powerhead only, new 700 bucks. I have used one a couple times and they got lots of cajones and will spin big bars with ease. if it runs it's worth it. New plastic is cheap unless you go OEM. Dukes, traverse creek has gobs of parts in stock. Personally speaking, if it ran decent I'd probably get it

happens a lot with me, lol. get a saw…runs like crap…clean everything and all good :p
carbs are the worst culprits on old saws that have sat around for years. Sonic tank is a must.
Finally found the culprit, Flat out " my bad " for not finding it sooner. Live and learn on diagnosing. a broken hose just doesn't work too well. It's not old enough to be busted, yet there it is.

Attachments

• 20230924_090139 Broken fuel line Hoosky.jpg
    20230924_090139 Broken fuel line Hoosky.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
A lady I met at a garage sale a few weeks ago invited me to look through her late husband's garage full of treasures. I couldn't pass up this pole saw for $100:
20230927_161921.jpg
20230927_161914.jpg
20230927_161938.jpg
20230927_161942.jpg
20230927_161953.jpg
20230927_162003.jpg
20230927_162150.jpg
It's a model TT24A Power Pruner which I have also seen wearing an ECHO badge. It's a telescoping saw with an extention, bringing it to over 16 1/2 feet fully extended! That's 5 feet longer than my Stihl HT75s. I had to replace fuel lines to get it running, but I think it needs a carb kit to make it run right. Thanks for watching! O

Runs well, nice condition other than the missing cover. Looking forward to doing some port work, and an 8 pin rim :D
Does anyone have a reasonably priced cover? Or know which other models are interchangeable?
Condition and actual markings aren't real important, I just need to restore proper air flow for cooling.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 00-28-00 Stihl MS261 Chainsaw - farm & garden - by owner - sale - cra...png
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 00-28-00 Stihl MS261 Chainsaw - farm & garden - by owner - sale - cra...png
    1 MB · Views: 1
Runs well, nice condition other than the missing cover. Looking forward to doing some port work, and an 8 pin rim :D
Does anyone have a reasonably priced cover? Or know which other models are interchangeable?
Condition and actual markings aren't real important, I just need to restore proper air flow for cooling.
New covers aren’t insane. Last one I bought was $70, I think.
lots of junk on eBay…winds up costing near new with all the fees.

New covers aren’t insane. Last one I bought was $70, I think.
lots of junk on eBay…winds up costing near new with all the fees.
$70 is insane. I'll duct tape a Wild Thang cover on it before paying that.
Sure, I'll post pics.
EBuy It Now w/ free shipping, the only additional "fee" is sales tax. I don't know what other "fees" you could possibly be paying.

I pulled the plug on that 261. The piston top is still clean, exhaust port area still wearing crosshatch.
Pulled the muffler because maybe strato piston tops are always clean. Could be? I don't know!
Compared to the 024 026 and 260 saws I was considering, this is a super low hours saw! Nice!

$70 is insane. I'll duct tape a Wild Thang cover on it before paying that.
Sure, I'll post pics.
EBuy It Now w/ free shipping, the only additional "fee" is sales tax. I don't know what other "fees" you could possibly be paying.

I pulled the plug on that 261. The piston top is still clean, exhaust port area still wearing crosshatch.
Pulled the muffler because maybe strato piston tops are always clean. Could be? I don't know!
Compared to the 024 026 and 260 saws I was considering, this is a super low hours saw! Nice!
Some shipping costs are ridiculous.

1997 365 purchased for CDN$150 during the summer. Had a friend pick it at that time and I’d forgotten about it for a couple of months until my buddy dropped it off last weekend. Pictures online look ok and when I finally got a look, not bad. Well, cleaned it up on the weekend and it doesn’t look like it had more than a couple of tanks through it. Even the bottom of the saw only has a couple of scratches. Rim sprocket looks brand new. Fired up well, idles fine. Odd clutch drum - yes, I’ve cleaned clutch side.

IMG_3416.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpeg

Bought a 254, my first, at the same time, same price, same town, different owner. My buddy dropped it off at the same time as the 365. It was a nice weekend. The 254 had a “copper“ plated dogs. Is that usual?

IMG_3404.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

Not sure that this qualifies as a "you suck" given the low quality of the saw. But I snagged it for 99 British pence, that's one US dollar and 13 cents.

It's a clone of a Zenoah G3800. Should make a good beater or loaner saw.

Looks like it was used once or twice and then left out in the sun.

View attachment 1114576View attachment 1114579View attachment 1114580

It's complete with an integrated scrench:

View attachment 1114581
Those are decent saws uses a A041 oregon mount.

Back