Zama Qestion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleepy

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
This hardly qualifies as a chainsaw but didn't know where else to put this, so here it is.
Rebuilt the carb on a 136 Husqvarna today and to get it to run properly, the high speed needle has to be 1 3/4 turns out. The low speed is probably 1 1/4 out. Like this, it starts, runs, and idles as it should. The intake seal and the impulse seal were both replaced too. I set the lever flush with the gauge and used the spring that was in the kit which happened to be a little longer than the one that was in this carb.
Is it normal to have to go this much past the recommended setting or is something else wrong?
In advance, appreciate any and all advice.

It sounds like you payed attention to details and did things right.
Your settings to me are very acceptable and you saw is telling you so by the way it runs and idles. If your H&L were vastly different I would expect something to be off. I've come to learn each saw is different with factory tolerances slightly different on production, to different grades and quality of fuel playing a difference.
I don't know what are reccomended settings are but they are only just a guideline. There are a lot of variables that play into a tune and you need to tune to your particular saws needs and not worry about where things are set. A sea level tune will be different than a high altitude tune. That's what's nice is that you can change for optimum performance.
Sorry about being long winded, but it sounds like your fine. Your settings are very acceptable and not totally out of wack.

Latest posts

Back