Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***SPECIAL REPORT***

We interrupt your regularly scheduled log pile programming to bring you this live, special report. Three loads of maple were completed mostly because the guy who got me access to the log piles had cut it down and it was cut up next to his driveway. The log piles aren't going anywhere and he wanted this out of his way. Yep, no problem.
20240507_105538.jpg20240507_114959.jpg
20240507_140501.jpg

***WE NOW RETURN YOU TO THE LOG PILES***

***SPECIAL REPORT***

We interrupt your regularly scheduled log pile programming to bring you this live, special report. Three loads of maple were completed mostly because the guy who got me access to the log piles had cut it down and it was cut up next to his driveway. The log piles aren't going anywhere and he wanted this out of his way. Yep, no problem.
View attachment 1175473View attachment 1175474
View attachment 1175482

Are you in any way related to the Energizer Bunny?

***SPECIAL REPORT***

View attachment 1175473View attachment 1175474
View attachment 1175482

So, are you claiming a full 3 loads in your tally? You really only assisted in the harvesting of the firewood. Should be counted as only one load. After all, they weren't 3 clean kills.

With the days getting shorter and Cowgirl and Cowlass up galavanting in Sydney, I've been left doing all the work. Goodbye daylight hours. Hello cooking :rare2:

So with rain forecast Friday/Saturday, I wanted to get the tennis court/firewood staging area organised before it gets flooded. Decided to light up the small burn pile to give me some light to split and stack by

20240508_180024.jpg

Gave plenty of light initially but soon died down

20240508_180035.jpg

And then I could hardly see. I suppose I'll have to wait until morning to see if my stacking has become ugly too 😭

It just popped and the saw reved up . Chain pretty much stayed in the cut

This happened to Cowdad. He had always wondered whether a chain break would whip around and get him but it just threw forward and that was that. "New chain please, sir. Not a Husky one this time". :laugh:

I did have a small incident. A drop bear heard me talking about @H-Ranch with an American accent and made an attack, thinking I was a foreigner. I was lucky and was able to chase him off with the X27, sustaining only a minor flesh wound.

View attachment 1175612

Be safe out there fellers.
I had to google dropbear :laugh:

Do they come up to people or are they usually more afraid of ya?

Had a pretty productive weekend. I actually got most of the front covered in tin, I just forgot to take a picture before I went in for the night. Monday into yesterday morning I focused on the man door frame/hanging the door. Man that door is heavy. It's actually leaned my door frame out of square. I had to add some reinforcements to it. Was a bit surprised as it's hung in 4" c channel. Anyway, I basically stopped covering because of a freak rain shower/I didn't have enough j trim to trim out the the entire door. I'll run and get some more today after work.

Attachments

• 20240507_145739.jpg
    20240507_145739.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Had a pretty productive weekend. I actually got most of the front covered in tin, I just forgot to take a picture before I went in for the night. Monday into yesterday morning I focused on the man door frame/hanging the door. Man that door is heavy. It's actually leaned my door frame out of square. I had to add some reinforcements to it. Was a bit surprised as it's hung in 4" c channel. Anyway, I basically stopped covering because of a freak rain shower/I didn't have enough j trim to trim out the the entire door. I'll run and get some more today after work.
Keep the fotos coming. Now that the door is hung it is easy to see how heavy duty it is. I will hence forth be referring to your new shop as "The Vault"

Back