Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be a really really BIG tree? Just curious. lmao :cool: OT
Actually, it's fair sized, It's "behind" that clump of trees just to the left of center, in the pict. I posted.

You are welcome to come cut it down and see for yourself, if you like. The ones in the center of the pict. have to go too.

SR

I dropped a nasty 36" Willow last night, diced it up and then cleaned 95% of it up and put it all on the bonfire, then my cleanup crew arrived aka the wife and kids lol.

You didn't see the missus flying the drone overhead?

"Right kids, he's nearly finished. Let's get there now so we can say we helped!"

:laugh:

You didn't see the missus flying the drone overhead?

"Right kids, he's nearly finished. Let's get there now so we can say we helped!"

:laugh:
Unfortunately they had plans, but I wanted to get going on it as I'm hoping to rent a stump grinder next weekend. Yesterday I went there(no helpers, and they never showed up lol)and dropped a small pine and cleaned up some broken branches from last "winter"(wasn't much of a winter), then I moved all the wood around on the bonfire.
Hope to get back over there Monday to haul the pine back and get the fire raging again, then move whatever is left onto that.
20240518_155022.jpg20240518_165004.jpg

The log along the side of the pile is 10' long for reference.
20240518_165041.jpg
20240518_162850.jpg
Looks nice without those nasty monsters around, the trees, not the wife and kids 😉.
20240518_164914.jpg

I need to take some update pictures when I get a chance. Progress has been slower then I'd like, but it's getting there. Decided to re do some of the sona tubes, go deeper with them at the far end near the hill and bump up to 12" from 8". My wife deciding the room should be 15' vs 10' really put a hitch in how I had everything planned. Good news, is everything should be a but stronger. Need to run for one more 12" tube this morning. I forgot To grab one last night when I got more sac create. Also picked up 2 4x6's 12' long. Going to sister them together and use them for the far end. Decided the center is going to get 2 of the 6x6 posts sistered which leaves me with one "spare" that I'll center in the room end. Also going to make some knee braces for the open span side. Hopefully I'll have all the concrete work done this morning then I can start laying out for the uprights and set posts tomorrow.

Sunny 80 here today, I did manage to get the back garden trenches in. I'll be dropping flower bulbs in this trench,

Resized-20240519-142111-S.jpg

This makes it VERY easy to plant bulbs, potatoes or even to put plants in.

SR

I had a busy weekend cleaning out a few things. I sold my Husqvarna 440 yesterday and my 254XP today. I needed a new battery for my Cub Cadet Super LT1550 lawnmower today. She fired right up with the new battery. It just turned 180 hours. I'll be tuning it up, changing the oil, greasing it and putting it on FB for sale. Ever since I bought my JD X485 I rarely use this machine. Still no scrounging for wood or splitting getting done. I did manage to scrounge up a nice pair of 235/70/15 LT tires for $40 for my Rayco grinder on Thursday. Those tires were mounted Friday and installed yesterday. The old tires were ready to split open. Planning to build a new 8 foot workbench with either one long or two shorter tool storage cabinets. I have way too many tools and they are all over the place. It is time to organize my garage. LOL

G'day fellers,

I got the peppermint scrounge from last week split and stacked outside the wood shed.

20240519_163651.jpg

By moving the pallet forward a bit from the retaining wall I was about to squeeze a fourth row on there. The nearest pallet is 3x3' while most of the rest are 4x4'.

20240519_163705.jpg

I'll deliver another load to my customer in the next few days then move the next pallet forward a bit too.

20240519_163717.jpg

Really should have made the wood shed twice the size to save all this messing around.

Well, to be completely honest, I've seen worse posted by another guy :laugh: .

:lol:

Speaking of which, I went out to Will's today to scrounge the rest of the last log I was getting at, to find that someone else already had. I know Will lets one or two other blokes scrounge there. You snooze, you lose as they say.

Here was a small broad leaf peppermint nearby.

20240520_150748.jpg

I had suspicions that it might not be that good inside and I was right. Big termite pipe right up the guts.

20240520_160616.jpg

The pipes do fall out when you split the rounds so the wood you end up with is quite good, just a fair bit less of it.

20240520_163400.jpg

I made a nice pile for burning, even dragged the butt over to it. Will is happy for me to torch it when conditions are favorable, which might be Wednesday so I plan to do that and continue scrounging.

20240520_160646.jpg

Scrounge on :rock:

Latest posts

Back