050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several options for the 1.2L tank. The chop saws are probably your best bet for finding something used..., like a whole chop saw.

Think I'd pretty much look for a one-piece tank just because.

Other 'Fan Housing' numbers will include the entire assembly. Your main consideration may be which recoil assembly is involved. You would ideally want the pawl starter if it's currently a friction shoe type. That also involves a different flywheel if I'm not mistaken.

1111 Fan Cover.jpg

1111 Fan Cover-B.jpg

1111 Fan Cover-C.jpg

Runs good but not oiling. Manual or auto. Hopefully something simple, I know the sprocket is correct etc. just hope I didn’t get the check valve wrong when I put the manual oiler back together.

Hey guys

Just bought two 076 supers on the weekend , along with an 051 and 07s. Was only going to buy one but as the other wouldn't start he offered it half price and who could resist.

One of the 076s runs and the other fires with a bit of "start ya bas#ard" so guessing something with the carby for that one

My main issue is the one that runs revs up when tilting to the left and when tilting upwards
Dies when tilting to the right and tilting down
Am I right in assuming bad crank seals or could it be something to do with the fuel or impulse lines?
It seems to have a fair bit of compression but not as much as the one that won't start. No decomp on either.

I dont have the mean (yet) to do a compression test, is there some other way I can test to see if its the seals?

Thanks on advance

I would say crank seals. There’s also a seal inside the worm gear for the oiler so don’t miss that one. Also check the big rubber seal on the oiler it can suck bar oil through there or air if there’s no bar oil in the tank. Probably look at the piston as well you’ll have to pull the handle to get the muffler off but it’s not too bad

I dont have the mean (yet) to do a compression test, is there some other way I can test to see if its the seals?
You need a vacuum/pressure tester for the seals (and crankcase integrity in general including oil pump considerations in this case).

The poor man's way is to spray carb or brake cleaner around the crank under the clutch and flywheel to see if it stalls out. Never could figure out how someone could effectively do that without pulling the recoil assembly after the engine was running. Clutch side would be hit or miss at best depending on access to the crank area under the clutch.

That said, your symptoms from one side to the other could also be something as simple as how much fuel is in the tank and/or the condition of the fuel line and filter.

A compression tester is for testing ring wear and the relative effect on cylinder compression.

You need a vacuum/pressure tester for the seals (and crankcase integrity in general including oil pump considerations in this case).

The poor man's way is to spray carb or brake cleaner around the crank under the clutch and flywheel to see if it stalls out. Never could figure out how someone could effectively do that without pulling the recoil assembly after the engine was running. Clutch side would be hit or miss at best depending on access to the crank area under the clutch.

That said, your symptoms from one side to the other could also be something as simple as how much fuel is in the tank and/or the condition of the fuel line and filter.

A compression tester is for testing ring wear and the relative effect on cylinder compression.
Thanks guys, i will do some more testing

Got some parts coming from Saegenspezi and have included their pressure tester

The one that runs seems to have less compression than the one i cant get running (carby kit on the way)
Would love to get them both running they are a beast of a saw

Off topic but the 07s is in great condition and runs like a dream, shout out to the engineers from the 60s.
The 051 starts but needs a bit of love to get back to prime condition
Was a great score on the weekend, his fathers collection that he is slowly selling off. He had a 1950s BLK like new condition which just blew me away
Says he wont part with it but i might be able to talk him around

Attachments

• 20240525_144421.jpg
    20240525_144421.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240525_144443.jpg
    20240525_144443.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Back