Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, what I can say is that I had 3 courses on thermodynamics: Basic Engineering Thermodynamics, Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics and Graduate Level Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics. I got a grade of 4 out of 4 on all of them., That does not make me an expert, but I do understand the 2nd law. It appears you do not. The quote from Carnot actually affirms what I have been saying, though his term "caloric" is archaic. He affirms the idea that a temperature change going from a warm body to a colder body is what creates the motive power. The Carnot cycle, by the way, is not a perfect analogy tto a gasoline engine. But what is relevant is that you cannot take energy out of a system and transfer it to some other use without altering its temperature or pressure or both. In an expanding gas system doing work, the gas temperature will always decrease.
So you still think that the efficiency of an internal combustion engine increases as its temperature decreases at the same ambient temperature?

So you still think that the efficiency of an internal combustion engine increases as its temperature decreases at the same ambient temperature?
Sigh. I am saying that the efficiency increases as the exhaust gas temperature decreases. That has nothing to do with the temperature of the physical engine. I guess I will try to explain it to you one more time. If the exhaust gas temperature were the same as the combustion temperature in the cylinder, there could be no net work done. If there could be, it would be a perpetual motion machine, as somehow the engine could produce power without taking energy out of the combustion gasses.

I came to find the best 2 stroke oil.Stayed for the Jerry Springer.
You didn't really expect an answer to that question, did you? All you will get from this kind of forum is opinions. But I do agree with bwalker on one concept: just buy an FD oil and go with it.

Sigh. I am saying that the efficiency increases as the exhaust gas temperature decreases. That has nothing to do with the temperature of the physical engine. I guess I will try to explain it to you one more time. If the exhaust gas temperature were the same as the combustion temperature in the cylinder, there could be no net work done. If there could be, it would be a perpetual motion machine, as somehow the engine could produce power without taking energy out of the combustion gasses.

It is the engine temperature that does not depend on the temperature in the combustion chamber?
Don't you think that even if the exhaust gas temperature increases, it doesn't necessarily mean a decrease in efficiency, because it will still depend on what temperature is reached in the combustion chamber? And it could, for example, depend on the compression ratio and how lean the fuel-air mixture is.
What kind of exhaust gas temperature and efficiency do you think modern F1 cars have?

It is the engine temperature that does not depend on the temperature in the combustion chamber?
Don't you think that even if the exhaust gas temperature increases, it doesn't necessarily mean a decrease in efficiency, because it will still depend on what temperature is reached in the combustion chamber? And it could, for example, depend on the compression ratio and how lean the fuel-air mixture is.
What kind of exhaust gas temperature and efficiency do you think modern F1 cars have?
Already hit him with these questions and he just goes back to chirping lab answers. Too many variables to a cart blanc "hotter exhaust means less efficiant"

I said Amsoil Saber met the JASO FD standards. They did not use an outside agency, so they may not be listed. I have no problem citing my papers on a reputable site. In fact, most of them are listed on my website. But I don't know you or others on this forum. You come across as arrogant and belligerent, so I do not trust you to behave in a sane manner. You also do not have a strong technical grasp of such things as fluid flow, film strength, analog testing, when statistical data are needed or basic thermodynamics, so nothing I say will dissuade you from your errors. But if you insist on seeing my publications, below is a partial list with name and publisher removed.
“Design and Scale-up of Agitators for Gas Dispersion in Fermentors”,

“Improved Starch Reactor Design

“Computational Fluid Mixing for Corn Wet Milling Applications”,

“Mixing in Industrial Fermenters

“A Comparative Study of Alternative Gas Dispersion Impellers

“ Proper Impeller Systems Insure Mixing Performance

“Enhancement of Fermentation with Effective Impeller Systems

“Optimize Power Consumption in Aerobic Fermenters

“Impeller Selection for Agitated Aerobic Fermenters

“Team Up with a Consultant for Equipment Selection

“The G-Value for Agitator Design: Time to Retire It

“Selecting Agitator Seals for Bioprocessing Applications”,

“Piloting Bioreactors for Agitation Scale-Up

“Agitation Challenges in Cellulosic Ethanol Production”,

“Sourcing Equipment in Developing Countries while Minimizing Risk

“Determine the Optimum Number of Process Trains

“Agitation of Fibrous Materials”,

“Reduce Risk When Sourcing Abroad

“Bioreactor Design for Chemical Engineers

“Determining Torque Split for Multiple Impellers in Slurry Mixing

“Cut Agitator Power Costs

“Why Conduct Pilot Studies for Agitated Gas-Liquid Mass Transfer -3

“Designing Multistage Agitated Reactors

“Pumps vs. agitators for tank mixing, classic case of CAPEX vs OPEX: white paper”,

“Computing Dissolved Oxygen Profiles in Aerobic Fermenters

“Large Scale Microbial Production of Advanced Biofuels: How big can we go?”,

“Optimizing Aerobic Fermenter Operation

“Impeller Selection for Lignocellulosic Hydrolysis Reactors

“Hydrofoil Impellers vs. Pitched Blade Turbines in Lignocellulosic Slurries”,

“Advanced Fermentation Agitation with Methanotrophs and Other Organisms”,

“Back to Basics”,

“Optimize Heat Transfer of Viscous Fluids in Agitated Vessels

“Equipment needs to study mixing of fibrous materials”,

“Equipment Requirements to Study Agitation for Gas-Liquid Fermentation”,

“Consider Hydrofoil Impellers for Laminar-Flow Mixing

“Biomass Conversion Agitation”,

“Optimize Aspect Ratio in Industrial Fermenters

Book, “Agitator design for gas-liquid fermenters and bioreactors”,

Book, “Agitator Design Technology for Biofuels and Renewable Chemicals”,

“How to Re-Suspend Settled Solids in an Agitated Tank”,

“Consider Hydrofoil Impellers for Laminar-Flow Mixing

“Biomass Conversion Agitation”, G. Benz, Biofuels Digest, March 9, 2019

“Heat Transfer in Mechanically Agitated Tanks”,

“Advancing Distillers Grains: Two Pathways to Dewatering”
You do realise that even Amsoil does not claim that Saber is Jaso certified or even meets Jaso standards? Again, there are good reasons why from a formulation stand point.
And you claim I don't have a firm grasp of film strength or thermodynamics. That's funny because as it pertains to applying either of those to lubricants and motors you are put in the weeds and frankly wrong. I might add arrogantly and belligerently so at that.

I am sure there are a few oils that are not on the list but meet the standards. I am not the only one that thinks so: https://autosolutionlab.com/jaso-fd-2-stroke-oil-list/ I trust Amsoil when they say they meet FD standards, mainly because of my more than 2 million miles of use of their products in multiple cars and tractors.
Amsoil doesnt say that... because Saber in all likely hood would not meet the standards. I would speculate duento ash level and cleanliness. Are youbaware of what oil ratios the JASO tests are ran at?
And the link younpisted is an AI generated piece of garbage.

LOL. You can make the exhaust gas temp decrease simply by changing the fuel to air ratio or in a two stroke by poor port/ screwing up scavenging. Neither makes the engine more efficient. Actually the opposite.

Latest posts

Back