Why do "Chinesium" chainsaws need a richer oil mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know much about the case. Did they block the strato ports and use a strato piston at the same time? Did they install a strato carb with a shutter (or an independent shutter) for clean air in this saw?

Because if not, it's nothing new. There have been chainsaws that use a strato cylinder with gasketed strato ports for over 20 years. Only such saws use a normal piston and a normal carburetor.
I bought one as a tinker toy last year. Stratto port was blocked off, stratto piston. Bad intake leak. Ran like crap. Ended up with a husqy/zenaoh p/c on it. It's still not a great runner vs my gz4000. I had contemplated buying a gz4350 to compare but they are discontinued and parts are already needing to be special ordered. I did post fairly extensive pictures of all the issues with it I found on another clone thread. Not impressed even for under $200.00 shipped to the door.

Regardless, if they are legal, they would be certified/listed and would be labeled as such. They are not.
So the if they are sold on Amazon they must be legal is a bunch of BS.

Clean air act, buddy. That's what gives the EPA the ability to regulate.
And to be clear they are counterfeit.

The epa relies on self reporting unfortunately, emissions testing should be done in the country of sale not at the factory on foreign soil.
https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/mtd-and-jenn-feng-clean-air-act-caa-settlement

Back