Friend of mine killed by snag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokechase II

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
"Accident Takes Life of Wallowa-Whitman National Forest Employee

Baker City, OR – August 21, 2009: Wallowa-Whitman National Forest employee, Steven A. Uptegrove, 52, was killed Thursday morning when he was struck by a falling snag. Uptegrove was part of a forest crew assisting the Baker County Narcotics Enforcement Team with the eradication of an illegal marijuana garden on national forest lands south of Unity, Oregon.
........................."

I thought about adding this to the thread on a fire started by a 'Mexican mafia' pot growing operation in California.

Not related enough.

I have no idea about the specifics.

Will post info as I can.

No speculation.
There are lots of dead trees in Western forests.

This was a great fun loving guy. Steve was a blast.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and to his family.

Kevin

That sucks, always sorry to hear. Only time makes these events more bearable, but its always a kick in the balls for friends and hardship for the family.

Condolonces

Hi Chaser, sorry to hear about your friend Steve.

I will remind our guys working tommorrow in a burned area tht you dont have to be felling to get wasted by a snag!

My thoughts and prayers are for his family and friends.

Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts.

There are several people on chat sites set up for this incident expressing their anger at the pot growers.

===============

Same for me although I realize that the cause here was something other than the pot operation.

Oh well.

"Accident Takes Life of Wallowa-Whitman National Forest Employee

Baker City, OR – August 21, 2009: Wallowa-Whitman National Forest employee, Steven A. Uptegrove, 52, was killed Thursday morning when he was struck by a falling snag. Uptegrove was part of a forest crew assisting the Baker County Narcotics Enforcement Team with the eradication of an illegal marijuana garden on national forest lands south of Unity, Oregon.
........................."

I thought about adding this to the thread on a fire started by a 'Mexican mafia' pot growing operation in California.

Not related enough.

I have no idea about the specifics.

Will post info as I can.

No speculation.
There are lots of dead trees in Western forests.

This was a great fun loving guy. Steve was a blast.
sorry to hear about ur freind

Sorry to hear about your friend. We've had years of drought down here, which is making our areas prime for this event, as everything is dying off.

sorry to hear

to bad it happened. may god bless his family. freak accidents are the hardest kind to hear about:(

:(

Latest posts

Back