got a good score today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
i got a couple of calls in the last hour from farmers that was needing some trees cut,, they are already down. the first 1 has 3 trees down that he wants cut up because they are laying in his field. this is a win win situation. he gets them out of the field and i get the wood. all the have to do is pile the brush so he can burn it. the 2nd farmer has many acres with several trees down and 1 of them is a good size hickory. He is going to go in there and do a lot of clearing out. He said there is a bunch of the trees he is taking out is 10 inches or less which will be easy cutting. He told me i can cut ALL that i want. i might end up with enough wood for several years. going in the morn and check both of them out

well i went to check it all out today,,the first place has a lot of wood,,maybe a cord or so. his place isn't to big. it is mostley downed trees but this wood will be ready for next burn season. the 2nd place is nothing but oak and hickory. ALL THAT I WANT,,and the best thing he has a bunch of metal that i can have.. thank god for that because it will save me 300 to finish roofing my wood shed. plus he wants me to fix 2 of his saws and will give me an older stihl as trade for labor. he thinks it is an old 041 that needs work. so all in all,,free oak,,hickory,,roofing metal and chainsaw.. what a freaking deal. it helps him out as far as cleaning up the property and it helps me to finish my roof and firewood..NOW THAT IS A SWEET DEAL!!!

You don't find deals like that too often but when you do just say thank you and enjoy, besides farmers are some of the most giving people I've ever had the good fortune to work for. Several times I'd pull into a farm to fix some piece of equipment and had to first sit down to a full sized lunch (steak, potatoes, veggies, pie & ice cream) before I would be allowed into the barn or out to the field to do my job. Quite often I'd come home with 10 lbs of steak or two dozen eggs, once even a goat and all I can say is thank you to the farmers of America for being who you are.

went over after dinner and got the metal and got that part cleaned up for him. got home and put the metal on the roof of the wood shed and now it is finished, now i can finish filling it up with wood.. heading over there in the morn and take a few of the trees down for him..

You don't find deals like that too often but when you do just say thank you and enjoy, besides farmers are some of the most giving people I've ever had the good fortune to work for. Several times I'd pull into a farm to fix some piece of equipment and had to first sit down to a full sized lunch (steak, potatoes, veggies, pie & ice cream) before I would be allowed into the barn or out to the field to do my job. Quite often I'd come home with 10 lbs of steak or two dozen eggs, once even a goat and all I can say is thank you to the farmers of America for being who you are.

amen to the farmers,, around here they are great. most all are willing to give you the shirt off their back if you need it

There's 3 feet of snow here in N.W. WI. Pics of your day afield cutting would be nice, I spend the day cutting on a pile in the snow next to the driveway here. Be nice to see trees not crotch deep in snow...

Excellent score congrats!!! Find a way to take care of him...cookies, favorite bottle of booze, etc... to show your appreciation.

well i went to the 1st farm today and did some cutting

got over there this morn about 8 and starting cutting. started with an 18" oak that was down. it was over 1 big load. the 1st pic shows them loaded on the trailor. but i ended up with 4 big trailor loads which equals to 4 ricks. so it was a good day. the 1st and 2nd pic is the first 2 loads and the 3rd pic is after the final load. i just had to vid dropping 1 tree. ok,,,i think i hit a piece of fence in the front wedge cut because when i started the back cut it was just throwing dust. thats why it took so long to get it down. and i be dang if i was going to walk in the drop zone after cutting the wedge out to get another chain. it did come down and it hit EXACTLY where i wanted it to...what scared the heck out of me was it gave no warning it was coming down.. it popped and it was coming down. and i about pooped my pants :jawdrop: ohh by the way,, it was 60 and sunny today,,great day for cutting
002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V0S4TxxwBF0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

cut and hauled sat,,sun and today and ended up with almost 3 cords,,, and probably almost 10 more cords or more of hickory and oak.. i finished the first farm today, had every inch of my trailor full. now i am going to get dhibbs75 to go this saturday and spend the day cutting hickory.. i thnk there is 7 hickory trees 50-60 feet high that we will take down,,it is going to take me a few days to recover from the weekend

Latest posts

Back