What cylinder is this cp125 mc?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscltd

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi can any tell me what cylinder and block this is from?
I know it's a McCulloch but not sure if model if it's a saw or kart engine
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    755.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    885.2 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    643.6 KB · Views: 40
Not a kart engine, because it doesn't have a removeable head. Looks like a sp125/sp105 because of the mounting pad for the rear av mount on the top fin in first pic.

It's not a CP125. It's probably a SP125 or could be a SP105 you
would nead to measure the bore. 2.280 for a 125 and 2.250 for a 105.
Also take those home made rod bolts and toss them into the trash.

That looks like an early SP-125 block. Dealers would get replacement blocks from the factory that didn't have the numbers stamped into them. Sometimes they would even buy unfinished blocks and do the final machining themselves if they wanted different port timing or configuration.

It's not a CP125. It's probably a SP125 or could be a SP105 you
would nead to measure the bore. 2.280 for a 125 and 2.250 for a 105.
Also take those home made rod bolts and toss them into the trash.

took crank out and those bolts-lol-one was ground down so low that i didnt think it would break loose, tried to measure but piston wont come out- hits pto bearing. reg ruler says 2.25" but its a wooden yard stick- will try to get better number

update- it has the thin steel rings and i think crome bore as its silver color and magnet wont stick?

That looks like an early SP-125 block. Dealers would get replacement blocks from the factory that didn't have the numbers stamped into them. Sometimes they would even buy unfinished blocks and do the final machining themselves if they wanted different port timing or configuration.

ur right, no numbers, just a starburst with 'bb' i think inside it

thanks for your help- i will be posting it on the 'bay' soon along with my old mcculloch parts books and some other vintage saws and stuff under user ron32tl

Latest posts

Back