• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold NEW NIB STIHL MS461 ARCTIC WRAP CHAINSAW POWERHEAD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done a little digging and have come up with conflicting answers; a tech support rep from Stihl said it the only difference between an R model and a standard is the handle. However many site members disagree....wish I could verify,, I really want this saw!!!

I've done a little digging and have come up with conflicting answers; a tech support rep from Stihl said it the only difference between an R model and a standard is the handle. However many site members disagree....wish I could verify,, I really want this saw!!!

3/4 wrap handle, clutch cover, dawgs, roller catcher, and used to be HO oiler on the 460. I don't know why it would be any different for the 461.

Nice saw. . . Wish I had the money right now. This is the wrong time of year for almost everyone (but the rich ;) ) .

Good luck with sale. I'd love to have one of these.

According to the Stihl 461 IPL, the RZ and the RZarctic models both have the HO oil pump. The RZ models are the ones sold in North America with the stiffer springs, and the 3/4 wrap. The rest have the regular oil pump (including the non-Z R model).

Non arctic wrap handled versions can be bought in the US for under $1000.

Great saws! Not going to sell to USA. We can get them from our local dealers for less money and full warrantee. Sucks that the CDN$ is in the tank now, but don't worry, it will come back. I remember USD$0.72 - USD$1.35 / CDN$ over the last 20 yrs. GLWS.

Back