What are you working on this summer/fall/winter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh what a trip it has been from late spring (June) finding insurance for our historcal show car. Finally settled on American collectables for less than $300.00 a year 7000 allowed miles and libility same as our daily drivers.

Going to a lot of area car shows and searching for some one to paint the car for us, Kare said it isn't one of my tractors so I can not do it my self.

Spent a lot of time searching for the no run issue of my Ford 5000 gas tractor. who would have though the wireing diagram would forget to show a restior wire from the igition switch to the coil an dit could go bad.
I was not abled to find a replacement wire either so had to buy a 2 ohm ristor and mount it near the coil so it didn't look shody.

A cooling/over heating issue arose on the Buick July 3d when it boild over after driving in the interstate at 70mph with the air on. replaced the old 1985 thermostat with a new one and though the issue was taken care of as we had driven it to several shows with out a problem. Went to the Port Huron show and the car over heated again on the way home. I took it to a shop this time to get a good flush and new anti freeze, figured problem solved. We got invited to join the Buicks of Michigan club for their Back to the Bricks Flint Mi cruise on Thursday. Drove to the meeting site and remembered I had left my camera in th etruck at Kares sister about 10 minutes away and with plenty of time went to retrieve it. As I pulled in the drive way it started puking anti feeeze all over the place so needless to say we missed Back to the Bricks both the cruise and the Saturday park in place show. I ran the car back to the shop that did the flush. It had puked 2 gallons of anti freeze. they had the car 4 days and could not find a problem or get it to over heat for them.
It is home again, I will remove the new thermostat and replace it with a 160F one and remove the clutch fan and check it out really good, maybe just say screw it and put a new one on.

But right now I am replaceing the power steering seals in the power steering pump of the Ford 5000 tractor. I am selling it as soon as i finish that. Want to buy a different tractor with a front loader.

Then inbetween times I am doing all the summer honey bee stuff.

:D Al

Projects! Do I have some projects. Built a new house. Decided I would just get it framed up with the shingles on, and I would finish. Major mistake on my part. It's been almost 2 years and I'm still not completely finished. It's liveable, but two bathrooms still need to be finished, finish some cabinet work, get the walls finished in the hall. Also my back yard is a total wreck. Told the wife I may bite the bullet and get a new tractor with a fel, and scoop it all up and dump it in the woods. I did get the carport cleaned off, and sold the rest of the lumber I bought, which was great! Wife told me I can't start on the fencing, barn, or anything else until the house is finished. Looking to fence in some of the property and raise my own beef and pork. Already knee deep in chickens, and I need to build a new coup/run for them as I have too many. Gonna get there, some how.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today I'm building a partition in our master bedroom closet at the cabin. It's the full length of one wall and since we rent it out when we aren't around we wanted a secure are to store our clothes and other items. There are two sets of bifold doors so I'm going to construct a divider in the space between the two doors.

Whats up for the next few months? Home projects, firewood, mechanical projects, fun projects, not so fun projects?

We are selling our house so I have spent the last month getting things cleaned up and into shape. This fall I need to finish sheeting the ceiling of my small cabin, do the door and window trim, and possibly paint the new boards I put on the outside to enclose under the cabin as well as the paint the underside of the extended roofline from the metal roof last summer. And would like to put up 5-10 cords of wood to get ahead for next year.

This winter I have an L65 that I want to turn into a L77 (already have the needed parts except for the top cover) and also three 55 Huskys plus a box of extra parts in various states of disassembly that I want to combine to build two or possibly three runners. Going to totally strip the 55's down and take the 65 down to the case but since case gaskets are NLA I will stop there. Should be a fun project while watchinsale org football.
Can you find parts for the L65? I see one for sale on cl.

Can you find parts for the L65? I see one for sale on cl.
Mostly yes. I have a complete L65 plus another one in a basket and all of the L77 top end parts except for top cover to convert the project saw.

The only thing I've found to be NLA is the case gasket so don't split a case unless absolutely necessary.

image.jpg Firewood, firewood, and more firewood. Im many years ahead, but love running the saws and splitter. My 3 kids (8&9) love the whole process too. We will also be building an 8x8 deer blind elevated 10' off the ground soon. I have 2 more standing dead pin oaks like this one in the area we want to put the blind. I figured better now then having the new blind get crushed. I fell it with a 32 inch bar on the ms461r with full skip.

Latest posts

Back