Royobi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigiron

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Found a deal today on a Royobi 40v 14" battery saw for $40 looks and runs like new. I got it for small stuff/trail clearing etc. Should work well on back of atv and light for carrying long distances. Anyway the saw has a .043 kerf bar and I was wondering if anyone knows if I could put a .050 kerf bar maybe 12" on this saw. The .043 chains are impossible to get locally but .050 chains are everywhere. The factory chain is .043, 3/8, 52 . 5/32 file size.

Found a deal today on a Royobi 40v 14" battery saw for $40 looks and runs like new. I got it for small stuff/trail clearing etc. Should work well on back of atv and light for carrying long distances. Anyway the saw has a .043 kerf bar and I was wondering if anyone knows if I could put a .050 kerf bar maybe 12" on this saw. The .043 chains are impossible to get locally but .050 chains are everywhere. The factory chain is .043, 3/8, 52 . 5/32 file size.
Not sure but I would say no. That saw and those like it are directed at a limited audience and there won’t be tons of options available.

Latest posts

Back