• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell WTS stihl chain 24”

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smf834

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have a used, just got back from the chain shop sharpened. Stihl, 24”, was told .050, 3/8, 84 links. Asking for $20 shipped.

Have a used, just got back from the chain shop sharpened. Stihl, 24”, was told .050, 3/8, 72 links. Asking for $20 shipped.
I consider myself a Newbee here - but I have been there ETC. Most 24" 3/8" chains are 84 drive links .
72DL should be for a 20" bar and some of us would like to know what is stamped on/in the bottom of the drive link to verify the manufacturer and style of chain and of course for obvious reasons a picture of the chain for the condition of the chain (WEAR and DEFECTS). As Chipper 1 said GLWS and most of us know what a new chain will cost as well as know what Gauge/Pitch/style/Manufacturer by the number on the drive link (Kind of scarEE if you think about it) Welcome to AS and DO BEWARE of this CAD(chainsaw addiction disorder) Hopefully you are Immunized and will refrain from some of the disorders most of us suffer from

Welcome ! FWIW Most people can buy a chain from their dealer for roughly $18 new !
Welcome to AS Corncob.
I wouldn't say most, none of the dealers around here sell a 24(if it is a 24) for 18 that I know of, if I drive 30 minutes I can get a buy one get one half off and it works out to 19 each.
It may not be the best deal, but at least he put a price on it, someone could always make an offer :).
3/8 x 72 would be a 20 in bar
Lol.

thanks for the correction. It is 84 link. It has 72 stamped on the bottom of the drive link, and 25 on the depth gauge. Just figure someone could use it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
thanks for the correction. It is 84 link. It has 72 stamped on the bottom of the drive link, and 25 on the depth gauge. Just figure someone could use it.
Pictures worth many words.
That's an Oregon chain ;).
Doesn't appear to have much hook ground into it and the rakers look high from what I can tell in the picture.
I like those, good chains, but a bit high on the cost for most.

Back