Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never mind. Figured it out.
Mounted the pump rod upside down in bench vise with the jaws holding the nut. Squirted some kroil where button snaps on to the rod. Adjusted small crescent wrench to diameter of the rod and placed it against the bottom of the button. Taking a SMALL hammer i GENTLY tapped on the wrench at the base if the button while firmly grasping the wrench handle being careful to strike it in alignment with the rod. Voila’ popped off. Project done

Might be able to find you another saw on cl, just give me some time.

Steve
Please don’t help me . I’m seeking treatment now for my addiction. I feel like I’m cheating on my 4000’s with these bigger frame saws . I went from 0 big ones to 1-4900 and 3- 5200’s in about a month . My name is Gary and I am a poulaholic .

Please don’t help me . I’m seeking treatment now for my addiction. I feel like I’m cheating on my 4000’s with these bigger frame saws . I went from 0 big ones to 1-4900 and 3- 5200’s in about a month . My name is Gary and I am a poulaholic .
LOL, [emoji23] Good one. After handling the big ones for awhile, it'll be a break to grab up a 4000.

Steve

Poulan 2300cva that original owner gave to a friend of mine.
Came in no start. Had to laugh when I seen the oregon fuel line pinched in 2 places and the dirt in the tank and fuel filter off. Carb kit, new tygon LP-1200 fuel line (I hate working with that line but know owner wont keep a eye on it if I used 4040).
Pulled those epa stops for carb tuning. Seems good to go after test cutting.

p2300cvaxx.jpg p2300cvax.jpg p2300cvaxxx.jpg p2300cvaxxxx.jpg

Might be able to find you another saw on cl, just give me some time.

Steve

I'd say sign me up but my saw fund is busted and I already have been eyeing several *gasp* used Makita 64XX saws. Trying to convince the wife unit its still way cheaper than what we would've spent if we paid a professional to drop the trees.

Off topic question but I'm sitting on 4 cheaper poulans I'm pondering selling. My issue is I'm not sure they'll get any kind of money to even make it worth it. I may as well keep them if I can only get $20-$50. Saws in question are: 2055 14", 3416 16", 2775 20", 4218 18". All saws run and have good chains. I'll probably keep the 2775 or the 4218. Maybe..... But once again those are the two to likely get ok money for. But for only $50 each I'll keep them.... Thoughts on how well these would sell if at all and for how much? I see ads on Craigslist all the time for cheap saws which makes me think they won't sell.

Hey Gary (Green Lust), Let us know when you get that 5.2 running. You should receive it via UPS tomorrow. Get er cleaned up and send pics! :happy:
Thank you Todd for making this purchase possible for me . You went above and beyond and I appreciate it . Let me know if I can help you in any way .
Gary

Ugh. In Glenn Allen, Va. Lady wants $25 a saw and I spy a large poulan. Too far. Wrong time.

Attachments

• E332D333-C4EE-417B-9D7E-6274FF0023FF.png
    E332D333-C4EE-417B-9D7E-6274FF0023FF.png
    615.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 71A429F1-E783-4CF6-A9EC-0D86C191C6F7.png
    71A429F1-E783-4CF6-A9EC-0D86C191C6F7.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 0D12F85A-D642-451D-A3BD-AB1BA9107821.jpeg
    0D12F85A-D642-451D-A3BD-AB1BA9107821.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 15
Pressure tested my saw today, flywheel side had micro bubbles, clutch side, it was making a lot of soap suds. I'll pickup some seals Tuesday and replace those. So far it has cleaned up real well. Gonna have to test the oil pump. Saw a lot of wear on the bow where the chain comes off the sprocket to the bow. I've filed it smooth, fixed the bottom guide rail also. My brother thinks who ever ran it, kept the chain too tight. The top rail didn't have much wear except were the chain leaves the bow to the sprocket also. I was thinking oiling problem. What's y'all thoughts?

Steve

Not sure about bow bars but running a loose chain will wear a regular bar just ahead of the sprocket on the top rail. Lack of oil is a killer as well.

loose_saw chain_tension.jpg

Latest posts

Back