New Oil Pump. 372xp. Have they changed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drgnarr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’m installing a new oil pump and the one I got from the local dealer, part number in the picture, acts much differently than my old one. The adjustment screw has only three settings, all the way in, out one click, or out two clicks. The clicks are only quarter turns but the screw adjusts in and out significantly. There is also a spring on the screw. This a new style? My old pump would screw out multiple turns with bumps along the way about each quarter turn.
055353cd319b12e039116250571f8349.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m installing a new oil pump and the one I got from the local dealer, part number in the picture, acts much differently than my old one. The adjustment screw has only three settings, all the way in, out one click, or out two clicks. The clicks are only quarter turns but the screw adjusts in and out significantly. There is also a spring on the screw. This a new style? My old pump would screw out multiple turns with bumps along the way about each quarter turn.
055353cd319b12e039116250571f8349.jpg

The pumps on the 4 series smaller 5 series are like this so possibly this is the new norm

There is a couple different designs of those pumps. Notice two holes in upper left hand corner, made to fit more than one model. 385,390 use upper hole, lower for 372's. Depends on length of bar you are using, but they work fine. Actually prefer that style, do not try to over turn any model, some break and some can be reset. Guys that run log strippers always turn them down past stop, then you need to pull pin and reset (or replace) if using to oil bar and chain, on 550,562 or others.

Yeah. This model Seems like a good design. I broke mine by turning it out to far in attempt to get more oil to a 28” bar.
New pump and I opened up the oil holes in the bar a little....they were tiny, never seen them that small. Husqvarna OEM bar.

I ran into this last year when replacing the pump on my 365. I am 99% sure they are the same part now. The old one did not have the 3 settings. The new oem pump had the 3 settings and an extra screw hole. I cut the extra screw hole( looked like an ear) off and it works fine.

My 3 year old 372 came with the pump with the 3 settings from the factory.

Yeah. This model Seems like a good design. I broke mine by turning it out to far in attempt to get more oil to a 28” bar.
New pump and I opened up the oil holes in the bar a little....they were tiny, never seen them that small. Husqvarna OEM bar.

Have had to do that on high end bars, middle of road and low end bars, how some seem to get manufactured with smaller holes is a wonder to me. Believe Oregon and Husqvarna bars come down same line, or so I was told by one of those Reps.

Back