Farmertec ms440 for firewood saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my 440 kit today, took 12 days from placing order to artivingcat my doorstep, not bad! Well start a new build thread to document my experience!
df94f0b06412470c0cc6d55a247aff31.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
So does is look any different than a box of parts?

I have the 660 and 070 kits and a prebuilt G444. I enjoye them all. The 444 has become my goto saw. Weight to power ratio is about perfect for me.

I have had to do port work on all of them, and the carbs that came with my 440 kits were all NG, but after dealing with the other "kit" issues, they ran pretty strong, but vibrate more than a standard bore. I found the OEM upper vibration damper really helped to reduce felt vibrations to manageable levels.

I like to stay away from Chinese products. The same goes to chainsaw. You can get used chainsaw from ebay or freebay.
I always stayed away from Chinese stuff also but for a big saw to use once in a while you can’t beat these clone saws. My ms660 clone saw has same power as my buddies couple month old stihl ms661 But only paid $237 for mine. He paid close to $1300. Iv got between 15-20 tanks through mine milling lumber with a alaskain mill with a 36” bar so it’s definetly getting a run for its money. Zero problems so far

You can not get good prices on used/broken Stihl pro saws on a regular basis. They want twice the price of a Chinese Clone for saws that don't run and need every part replaced.

To try to rebuild them with OEM parts would be cost prohibitive.

If you are willing to put your time into the project, and know what parts to replace (For $10 I always replace the piston pin bearing) they are very cost effective and can be reliable. In fact, the 660 models seem to be solid as tanks. I also mill wood, and have several of these saws (w/Cross P+C). It was an affordable way for me to learn how to port a cylinder w/o endangering OEM cylinders … win - win!!!

Latest posts

Back