Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goinwheelin said,

"That’s a big exhaust port."

If an engine is going to make power it has to breath! It has to be able to pump fuel and air threw it efficiently! IMHO, Poulan did a very good job in this department.

I also like the Dyneema winch rope that is shown in several of your photos, I have it on a 5K winch.

Ken

Got a couple of boxes of NOS poulan cylinders and pistons yesterday. Some I recognize the numbers. Some I am going to have to figure out wth they are. Seen 1 coil too.

One I think is a nos 335 c and the piston says 335 but it isnt thin ring. So might be a the 335 predator single ring piston.
Seen a nos 295 c and p with lower clam. Think couple of pioneer nos pistons too. Others no clue.
Some weedwacker stuff. No interest in those whatsoever.

dccccccc.jpg dcccccccc.jpg

I also like the Dyneema winch rope that is shown in several of your photos, I have it on a 5K winch.

Ken
Yeah I bought that for the warn 8000i I rebuilt about a year ago and I still haven’t got around to putting either of them on the truck lol. I replaced the solenoid pack with a contactor, polished the drum, and made a polished aluminum fairlead.

As far as that Poulan exhaust port it dwarfs some of my other 80+cc saws and even the 111cc 075!

Ran the fastest poulan I ever ran yesterday.
Just 65cc PP415 4ci race saw. But I always thought those saws had potential to make a heck of a race saw in the past. Builder did a heck of a nice job on it. Well done.

Dave the owner and owns CCC let me take a few cuts with it.
Also good to see the newer husky covers can be used on these saws with side tensioner. I always used the older 268 etc style if I needed to make one.

dcc.jpg dccc.jpg dcccc.jpg cccccccc.jpg pcoverfix.JPG

Yeah I bought that for the warn 8000i I rebuilt about a year ago and I still haven’t got around to putting either of them on the truck lol. I replaced the solenoid pack with a contactor, polished the drum, and made a polished aluminum fairlead.

As far as that Poulan exhaust port it dwarfs some of my other 80+cc saws and even the 111cc 075!

It is my somewhat less than humble opinion that Electrolux bought Poulan for the sole purpose of eliminating the company that was kicking the arse (Pioneer -Partner-Poulan Pro ) . Electrolux phased out the Reed saws and started the process of cheapening the Poulan name to help Husqvarna, leading to the current crop of Poulans.

The 075 was designed for a different Rpm range. Move air and fuel threw it slower. Still a great saw.

Think I got them all figured out but 1. Some of the ones I thought poulan, were pioneer x3 cylinders. P28, then WT coil, K650 partner cyl, P 3450 T1, P 2750 2775 295, PP114, gasket K650 700, Piston 336 3450 330, 2775 2750 295, P26-P28? and one I cant figure pioneer 475350 or 507475350

Hmmm forgot to write # down for 1. Got more in pic then wrote down. LOL

The last piston come back to P26. Only difference I see in it and other piston I think is P28 is one skirt on the 26 is narrower. The 3 cylinders came back to P29 and or P26. I dont know these saws at all.
The Partner 650 cylinder should bolt right up to P55 P65 650 700 7000. PP114 is a polesaw, Jred 370 cylinder, Poulan 2750 PP295 cylinder and piston. Only stuff I see for my uses is the is the Poulan 335 3450 P+c stuff.

So if some poulan, pioneer, partner folks need something for a restore. I dont do that ebay high price crap some do. I will practically give what I dont want away. ;)

pnosp.jpg

Working on the Poulan 5200. Used a chunk of old fan belt as a piston stop and removed the clutch, then I made a little puller for the flywheel. Hope to have the jug off and the case split tonight or tomorrow. Ordered OEM rings, gaskets, and seals from PartsTree.com and Todd is sending me a case gasket. 56DA6309-A882-42C5-A4FE-C2C8802AE7DE.jpeg
8A81B2D1-1727-4DE6-8BEE-9B42642B729C.jpeg551DF416-E419-4AEB-9263-828116DA9304.jpeg

Back