026 bar size

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have heard that the 026 can pull a 24 inch bar has anyone tried this or is this just smoke in the air. Me i will just stick with my 18. Me i am just curious

Sure it can, but it won't cut 24 inch wood with ease... Some guys out here use them for limbing... less bending over when walking the log. I've even seen one with a 32 :dizzy:

026 is for 16", maybe 18" in softwood. Thats it. If you need more bar, you need more saw...

16" makes a light nimble fast cutting saw. If you run a 24" on a 260 it would cut much slower and be less nimble. I usually would say try it but 20" should be max on a 260 unless you need reach and are not burying the bar.

I ran my 026 Stihl with a 24 inch bar for several years of firewood cutting. I ran full skip chain and it could pull it fine. I have always felt the longer bars were safer (for me at least). Some of my cutting was in Western Red Cedar which is quite soft and generally very easy to cut.

Now I have an 18 inch bar with .325 pitch chain on it. I bought the bar and chain as a combo from Baileys for about $18 or $19. It has been working very well and I am most pleased with the 18" bar with .325 chain.

Jon

yep it will pul it

like i have said many a times about my 260 . yes it will mine is modified for limbin and bucking firewood. my 260 wears her 24" bar with pride. i love too freeak homeonwers out with her. it s well balance with big wood dawgs and 3/4 wrap handle bar:dizzy:

I have heard that the 026 can pull a 24 inch bar has anyone tried this or is this just smoke in the air. Me i will just stick with my 18. Me i am just curious

I run 25 on mine its a raped ape

Attachments

• 20180418_122748.jpg
    20180418_122748.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back