• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2013 Carlton SP7015 for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupocoffee

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
$32,000. I bought this machine new in November 2012. This grinder has every available option Carlton makes. It is a four wheel drive unit, has a push blade, remote control, and the razor wheel. It is equipped with the Kubota 66 HP turbo diesel engine which is four cylinders and water cooled. The machine has less than 800 hours but it is in daily use. In the right environment this is a money making beast. I am selling this because I have bought a new Carlton 7015TRX track grinder. I love this machine. It took me a bit to get used to the remote control but now I can make this grinder dance. Nobody who has ever used a remote control will ever go back to a machine without it. It is the only way to grind stumps. The brand new Carlton SP7015, like this, is $66,000. This unit should have thousands of hours left. The Kubota engine runs like the day I bought it. I am the original owner and no one else has ever operated this piece of equipment. It has never been abused. The paint is a bit faded because it has not been stored inside and it has scratches on it because that just goes hand in hand with stump grinding. I had the cutter wheel bearings changed at around 600 hours. I did NOT change the poly belt because the mechanic and I agreed it looked like new. This unit currently has 785 hours and will have a few more by the time it sells because my new machine has not been shipped. The financial transaction will be handled at my local bank. To my knowledge there is absolutely nothing wrong with this machine. There is no warranty from me or the factory. You may call me at 405-609-7794

Attachments

• IMG_7584.JPG
    IMG_7584.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8361.jpg
    IMG_8361.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8359.jpg
    IMG_8359.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8362.jpg
    IMG_8362.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 26
Sorry, Chipper. I didn't realize I didn't even put the price up. Ha! I tried editing the post and put the price in the title but it won't let me. The price is $32,000 which I have not put in the body of the post.
Great machine, fair price, if it's ready to rock. Just kicking tires at this point, thtats a big jump from nothing to the real deal when I do everything cash and I'm not willing to give up anything else to get it.
Thanks for the response.
GLWS,
Brett

Why did you decide to get a track machine? I run a wheeled 4012 and the ground speed is fantastic to get between stumps. Aren't the tracks a lot slower?

Why did you decide to get a track machine? I run a wheeled 4012 and the ground speed is fantastic to get between stumps. Aren't the tracks a lot slower?
I wonder about that myself sometimes. Ha! I will say that the SP7015 will outrun me if I set it up that way. That is where a lot of money is made compared to my previous stump grinders. I can be on a stump and have it ground by the time my Vermeer SC352 would have made it to the stump. The wheeled unit is fast and it can be set up to move forward just millimeters if need be to get near a wall. I am in Oklahoma and one of my customers is an electric power company and I grind stumps in some pretty rugged places. I have never had a stump that I couldn't get to but I have been in some precarious situations. I also work on a couple of horse ranches where it would be nice to have tracks. 95% of my work is residential and the machine is perfect for that. The track machine I am getting is exactly the same as my wheeled machine on top, so yeah, I wonder about that too. I did nearly 300 stumps in one day with this grinder. They were all small ... about 8" to 10" and were close together on an acre and a half of flat land. They were all flagged and cut low to the ground. I was just blasting them out of the ground. I wish all jobs were like that.

Back