241c , 261c , 362c adapter for K/N filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't help that motard. Waste of time, energy, and effort. Like playin chess with a pigeon...
Haha ... chess ? Let’s shoot a game big-mouth - my ELO rating is 1876 ...LMFAO ! Dude I will crush you like grape !!!!

There’s video PROOF of approx 4% + gains simply by using a max-flow oiled filter $

again , more video proof ! Here’s a guy that’s doing Real-World testing - Not quoting something he’s read on the net or someone else’s opinions ... only way to gain knowledge is to test test test YOUR gear ... then YOU have the knowledge and when some barracks-room lawyer tries to tell ya how to operate a screwdriver ya can just chuckle to yourself because you KNOW what the FACTS are !

So your adapters are for Max Flo filters too?
The ISSUE is that the stock filter is inadequate and LETS FINES/DIRT INTO THE ENGINE- I’ve shown pics of my filter after 2hrs run time ... I’ve shown a video by redbull that CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES FINES/DIRT beginning to creep past filter after 1 tank ... max flow does not offer a filter for the 241,261,362 series afaik... K/N AND Uni filter do ! If you wish to continue to run the stock filter than do so ... it is your machine / your dollar guy !

I apply a light to medium film of axle grease to the side on the filter that seals against the engine.

Been doing that for as long as I can recall. Same goes for all the m/c's I've owned over the years. I've yet to destroy an engine in over 57 yrs.
That is good advise no doubt and will make a difference ... totally agree

Paper or foam air filter, both are better than none at all. I run the OEM filters on my Stihl saws. Same goes for all my other Stihl O P E.

Using the grease, I haven't had any problems or issues.
What models do you own ? This is application-specific to the 241,261,362 (and 462 although it looks like it wood need a larger diameter adapter) ... I’ve used Vaseline , axel grease, bearing grease etc on the stock filter on these models and STIHL fines get in after extended run - time ! The plastic components of the “twist lock” wear over time and the seal is compromised, this is the issue for guys that do a lot of cutting !!! you can replace the whole she-bang and buy yourself some time but it’s STIHL plastic ! Machined metal trumps plastic every time sir - also you are now using a hose clamp to secure the filter onto the adapter instead of relying on a “twist lock “ seal ... Which is the superior design ? I’ll let the viewer decide for him/her self - also by removing the “baffle” you are getting superior throttle response and power gains as now the engine can flow more air !

What models do you own ? This is application-specific to the 241,261,362 (and 462 although it looks like it wood need a larger diameter adapter) ... I’ve used Vaseline , axel grease, bearing grease etc on the stock filter on these models and STIHL fines get in after extended run - time ! The plastic components of the “twist lock” wear over time and the seal is compromised, this is the issue for guys that do a lot of cutting !!! you can replace the whole she-bang and buy yourself some time but it’s STIHL plastic ! Machined metal trumps plastic every time sir - also you are now using a hose clamp to secure the filter onto the adapter instead of relying on a “twist lock “ seal ... Which is the superior design ? I’ll let the viewer decide for him/her self - also by removing the “baffle” you are getting superior throttle response and power gains as now the engine can flow more air !

The models I own on are listed in my signature line.

And yes, I do understand and agree with you, in regards to those who do a lot of cutting. I don't cut for a living and never have. Given a choice of plastic or metal, I go with metal, even though in most applications, it is heavier.

Stihl can do a whole lot better in regards to the filtering on their machines. And, it's high time they did so.

Latest posts

Back