• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold .404 race chain by Art Martin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have two chains. One has the sloped back cutter and the other is way back and also fast. Art loved to go to a show and have people look at his chains and say " Why that chain is worn out, you can't win with that". If I was around we would give each other the wink. A good operator and good saw could always finish in the money, if not first, with an Art chain. You can have your pick of these two for $120 or both for $100 each. One is 82 and the other is 84 drive links. These are full on race chains and not really for every day messing around. Look at the rivets and links. There is a lot of work in these chains. Art got $2.50 d/l on his chains. A hopped up 2100, 394, 3120, 088, 066, 090 or equivalent saws would be best for this chain. People that never ran a race chain don't realize that there is just as much to gain as all the modification to the engine gives you. If I was attending a GTG I would rather have a muffler modded saw with a race chain than a full out race saw with a stock chain. Any questions or requests for more pictures will be granted. Mike
404 chain 001.jpg 404 chain 002.jpg 404 chain 003.jpg

Back