a splitter forged in the bowels of hell ! see pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Score!!!

F**KIN AWESOME!!!

I'd say you might want to put some kind of sheet metal/perforated metal guard around the output shaft to pump coupling. Too easy to get a loose drawstring/sleeve/glove wrapped around that thing... Reminds me of seeing unguarded PTO shafts... gives me the willies.

Have fun!:clap::clap::greenchainsaw:

One thing I see is the pump is above the tank......a design no no. maybe it works just fine and has for years but it would bug me.

It wouldn't bother me, when I built mine I questioned wether it should be or not. I decided I was going with my original thought and placed it a good foot and half above the tank. I have probably 40 hrs on it now and has never been a issue. Besides my Bobcat has it's pumps above it resevior. If it was gravity feed pump yeah, but it being a suction pump? I just don't see that it's a real issue.

F**KIN AWESOME!!!

I'd say you might want to put some kind of sheet metal/perforated metal guard around the output shaft to pump coupling. Too easy to get a loose drawstring/sleeve/glove wrapped around that thing... Reminds me of seeing unguarded PTO shafts... gives me the willies.

Have fun!:clap::clap::greenchainsaw:

I'll second the guard on that shaft. Hard to fill the stove if you're missing a limb or two.

It looks like a nice rig for the money though. If you replace the cylinder, even the same diameter with a standard cylinder instead of the 2 way will have more tonnage than this one does.

thanks guys, ill put more photos up so you can figure out the design.

i need to get a cylinder with the same bolt mount pattern . well it be easier if i did.
my miller cylinder bolts on with to pins 25 1/4" center pin to center pin.
i was just lookin around and it looks like its gonna be a pain in the butt to find a cylinger with
1. new/used for good price
2. 5" diameter
3. mount pattern the same
4. 24" throw

oh, and the detent is a gressen model 2701 . but i kinda like the manual detent seeing how with the blade i have on this thing, the log spreads apart before the full forward cycle, so an auto would be more time consuming.

I think you got a hell of a deal! I agree with the others about covering that coupling.

Back