a story of two ladies and a subaru...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah some are crooked as hell. My sister is a nurse and hurt her back moving a patient and was on workman's comp for a while and the health care company she was working for wanted to settle with a lump sum instead of pay her monthly.

Anyways when they had to go to court to determine the amount for the settlement her lawyer told her every time she goes to court have someone push you into court in a wheelchair[emoji23] i $hit you not lol. She walked into court both times she had to go.

She's back to work now at a hospital, but what a crooked bastard he was[emoji1]
and that flat sucks!!!! how to find,,the honest as possible one, right off the bat???

My friend manages an office with about twenty people. One time a lady faked a fall on the ice and milked it out for about 9 months of pay. During the time she was at home and was deemed "physically unable to sit at a desk" she went skydiving. RUFKM!
did they burn her good???

My sister's back is still screwed up sometimes but she wants to work. Everyone tells her to try to get disability, but shes says im not disabled and didn't go to school for 5 years to sit home and collect government money.

I'd have a clear glass jar of chips sitting on the counter and tell them if it ain't making those to bring it back in.

LOL
My dad called me today...

"Hey, I'm goin' to Waterloo today b'cause your mother burned up the microwave (huh??) and I was wonderin' what size file ya' use when ya' sharpen my saw??"
It's three-sixteenths dad.
"That can't be right son... three-sixteenths is pretty small."
It's three-sixteenths dad, trust me. Why ya' askin'?? I've got plenty of files; ya' don't need to buy me any.
"I'm gonna' get one for me..."
Oh??
"Yeah... so I can clean it up myself."
Dad, why don't ya' just grab one out'a my shop... mine are good files."
"I'm gonna' be at Blain's... they should have good ones."
You do know ya' need, or should get, files specifically made for sharpening saw chains... right??
"Oh?? Where do ya' get those??"
They should be right by the chainsaw accessories.
"Not in the tools??"
Probably not. Why don't ya' stop at the saw shop and get one from LeRoy... you're gonna' drive right by there.
"LeRoy has files??"
Yeah...
(long pause)
"Maybe I'll come up tomorrow and have ya' sharpen it again... and ya' can give me one of your used files, maybe give me a couple pointers??."
OK... probably best... but I'll give ya' a new file, not a used one.
"I'll pay ya' for it."
Yeah right... ya' gonna' pay me for the ½ dozen beers you'll drink also??
"I can start bringin' my own beer if it bothers ya'."
Just bring the saw crotchety old man.
"See ya' tomorrow."
Yep.

Lord I love that old man... even if he ain't always the sharpest stick in the pile.
I can't wait to hear the story how mom burned up the microwave :laughing:

best post I've read in a long time...nice

LOL
My dad called me today...

"Hey, I'm goin' to Waterloo today b'cause your mother burned up the microwave (huh??) and I was wonderin' what size file ya' use when ya' sharpen my saw??"
It's three-sixteenths dad.
"That can't be right son... three-sixteenths is pretty small."
It's three-sixteenths dad, trust me. Why ya' askin'?? I've got plenty of files; ya' don't need to buy me any.
"I'm gonna' get one for me..."
Oh??
"Yeah... so I can clean it up myself."
Dad, why don't ya' just grab one out'a my shop... mine are good files."
"I'm gonna' be at Blain's... they should have good ones."
You do know ya' need, or should get, files specifically made for sharpening saw chains... right??
"Oh?? Where do ya' get those??"
They should be right by the chainsaw accessories.
"Not in the tools??"
Probably not. Why don't ya' stop at the saw shop and get one from LeRoy... you're gonna' drive right by there.
"LeRoy has files??"
Yeah...
(long pause)
"Maybe I'll come up tomorrow and have ya' sharpen it again... and ya' can give me one of your used files, maybe give me a couple pointers??."
OK... probably best... but I'll give ya' a new file, not a used one.
"I'll pay ya' for it."
Yeah right... ya' gonna' pay me for the ½ dozen beers you'll drink also??
"I can start bringin' my own beer if it bothers ya'."
Just bring the saw crotchety old man.
"See ya' tomorrow."
Yep.

Lord I love that old man... even if he ain't always the sharpest stick in the pile.
I can't wait to hear the story how mom burned up the microwave :laughing:

Maybe not "burned up" but mine charcoaled a biscuit to the point the kitchen was smoky, the carousel plate broken in 3 pieces and the interior smoke brown. Microwave still worked but I found nothing that would remove the smoke film. Put it on the curb for free cycle.

For a chuckle,

The pulling the car out of the ditch story jogged my memory.

Had to be at least 15 years ago because I still had my '89 F250, I was driving home on I395 during a snow storm. Roads were slippery but not terrible. I saw headlights shining up at me from beyond the shoulder so I slowed and saw a car that had spun 180 degrees and gone 20 -30 feet down the embankment. I stopped and the driver got out of the car. I told him if he gave me 5 or so minutes I'd get set up and winch him out. He was ever so thankful and I got started.

As I was hooking up the car, I noticed there was a lady in it and told the man that I would feel much better if she got out of the car while I was winching the vehicle out. The two stood by my truck and 10 minutes or so later the car was up, on the shoulder and ready to go, no apparent damage. As I was putting away the rigging I noticed the car had US Govt. plates. The lady got back in the car and the gentleman came over thanked me again numerous times. I told him I saw the Gov't plates and was just wondering what agency he worked for. He didn't reply but handed me 2 $100 bills. I told him to keep his money, just pay it forward sometime. His next statement took me back and made me just laugh when he left. He said, and I quote as best I remember, "the money is not for getting the car out, it's for a favor. If anybody should ever contact you about this accident, be sure you tell them I was alone."

First, if the moron had just kept his mouth shut I wouldn't have given his passenger a second thought. Second, since I didn't know him from Adam how could I ever say who he was? Third, what are the chances someone is going to track me down and ask about pulling a car back onto the Interstate.

A little levity for the day.

Take Care

I know of a local Christian man who helped a scared woman stranded when her car went into ditch on a frigid snowy morning ... He hooked up some rope and a few tugs later ,her car was out safely and she was on her way .> Fast forward a week later he gets a letter from her lawyer that he somehow damaged her car and she's seeking money in court ! Keep in mind We live in the middle of nowhere it doesn't get friendlier or more rural here ..Don't believe that because everyone in a small community helps each other that you won't be sued or libel .id be concerned lending or renting anything with a motor or rotating cutter of any kind these days
Best to let the person that is stuck hook up the tow.

iowa is a no fault state for things like that!!!! here,, you could tell that cheating lawyer,, to take a hike. as spidey said........
I'd go one further, send them a bill for environmental restoration.

Home Depot around here rents out stump grinders of all things. I'm pretty used to machines and equipment and a stump grinder flat out scares me. I'm sure Home Depot would rent a stump grinder to the Subaru girls with out any instructions.

I'll be renting a stump grinder sometime soon, and I've never used one before. I have checked one out up close at the rental place and asked a few questions. Their machine is a walk behind and has operator presence controls on it. If it gets away from you the machine turns itself off. What's the worst thing that can go wrong? The operator is on the opposite end of the machine from the grinder part. One issue I do have is some of my stumps are on a slope, and the machine will be facing either uphill or downhill.

For a chuckle,

The pulling the car out of the ditch story jogged my memory.

Had to be at least 15 years ago because I still had my '89 F250, I was driving home on I395 during a snow storm. Roads were slippery but not terrible. I saw headlights shining up at me from beyond the shoulder so I slowed and saw a car that had spun 180 degrees and gone 20 -30 feet down the embankment. I stopped and the driver got out of the car. I told him if he gave me 5 or so minutes I'd get set up and winch him out. He was ever so thankful and I got started.

As I was hooking up the car, I noticed there was a lady in it and told the man that I would feel much better if she got out of the car while I was winching the vehicle out. The two stood by my truck and 10 minutes or so later the car was up, on the shoulder and ready to go, no apparent damage. As I was putting away the rigging I noticed the car had US Govt. plates. The lady got back in the car and the gentleman came over thanked me again numerous times. I told him I saw the Gov't plates and was just wondering what agency he worked for. He didn't reply but handed me 2 $100 bills. I told him to keep his money, just pay it forward sometime. His next statement took me back and made me just laugh when he left. He said, and I quote as best I remember, "the money is not for getting the car out, it's for a favor. If anybody should ever contact you about this accident, be sure you tell them I was alone."

First, if the moron had just kept his mouth shut I wouldn't have given his passenger a second thought. Second, since I didn't know him from Adam how could I ever say who he was? Third, what are the chances someone is going to track me down and ask about pulling a car back onto the Interstate.

A little levity for the day.

Take Care

I had a similar encounter once in a bad snowstorm in Ohio on the expressway. An idiot flew past me going around twice my speed, and just as his lights were fading away in the distance I noticed them changing from red to white to red to white. The fool spun off the road and down the embankment. I stopped to determine he was ok, taking a bit of risk myself. When he gave me a thumbs up I gave him the third finger instead. I felt like he deserved it and felt good about making his day even worse than it already was.

Speaking of stump grinders. A few years ago a guy we did a removal for wanted to save a few dollars and decided he was gonna grind out the stump himself.

He rented a stump grinder from the rental place and was removing the stump when he decided to walk around the side and have a look see in the hole before the wheel stopped first, well he stepped in the loose dirt and lost his balance and his leg went in the hole and got entangled in the wheel. The paramedics tried to free him for over an hour and he was so entangled in the wheel they had to call in an Orthopedic surgeon to do an amputation right there on site.

He recovered but lost his leg from the hip down and rough road with many infections.

Speaking of stump grinders. A few years ago a guy we did a removal for wanted to save a few dollars and decided he was gonna grind out the stump himself.

He rented a stump grinder from the rental place and was removing the stump when he decided to walk around the side and have a look see in the hole before the wheel stopped first, well he stepped in the loose dirt and lost his balance and his leg went in the hole and got entangled in the wheel. The paramedics tried to free him for over an hour and he was so entangled in the wheel they had to call in an Orthopedic surgeon to do an amputation right there on site.

He recovered but lost his leg from the hip down and rough road with many infections.
That story sounds awfully familiar. i read one like that in a tree care magazine i get. they always have an accidents section

Back