Bandit 2100SP Stump Grinder, need advice re. tightening belts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apachedesert

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a Bandit 2100SP stump grinder and would like to find someone who has a lot of experience with this same grinder. I am hoping we could facetime, or maybe you could talk me through basic belt tightening/sheave adjustment issues. Your help would be much appreciated. Doug

Not a Brush Bandit but on my old Rayco, you have to make sure the pulleys are perfectly straight when you adjust them and not one side tighter than the other. Also, I used belt dressing to help them grab without excessive tension, just tight enough to not slip when working, but able to slip if you catch something that doesn't move. Hope that helps.

Ok. Here it is. I need to tighten this belt.

Is there not an adjustment on the arm that moves the tensioning pulley?

If there isn't then you need to slide the pillow blocks that hold the jack shaft that the larger pulley is attached to away from the motor pulley. Make sure that this larger pulley and the engine pulley remain in the same plane. Yes, this will mess up the tightness of the belt on the other end of the jack shaft that runs to the cutter wheel pulley. That is the next step.

There might be. I am a rookie in this business. It might be right in front of my face.

You have to get this right. Usually there is a kevlar belt on the cutter wheel to jack shaft. If it runs loose and slips it will have to be replaced. Are you sure the lower belt is not stripped and slipping? How do you know that it is the upper belt that is slipping?

Wow......that easy huh? Looks like you, Dal, and Jonathan were essentially telling me the same thing. I guess I need to move that pulley from the other side, right?

I guess in order to move that pulley, I need to remove the plate in this pic that says "service required?"

Attachments

• bandit3.jpg
    bandit3.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 5
Back