Best fix ever for Husqvarna 55 and 50 and 51 intake partition with stripped threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Not glue, not plastic zip ties (what a local shop says they use inserted in the stripped holes)....

5mm Threaded metal nut-serts
5mm x 45mm cap screws

1/4 drill used to drill all the way through partition/carb mount.

Cut nut-sert "teeth" off with dremel cut off wheel where shown in pics and press into partition.

Enjoy metal threads and snug carburetor bolts.

These will sit flush and not impede the intake tube if installed correctly

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839.3 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 227
Nicely done. I have used 5mm helicoils for repairing threads in plastic on other saw parts - recoil screws, other carb mounts, etc. You have to have enough extra material to drill it larger though.

Nicely done. I have used 5mm helicoils for repairing threads in plastic on other saw parts - recoil screws, other carb mounts, etc. You have to have enough extra material to drill it larger though.

Thank You Sir,

That was the issue on the back of the intake partition/carb mount..... the plastic cast bosses were very thin and although I didn't have a helicoil kit here for 5mm, my bet is that it would have been too thin to drill out to hold the heli-coil with much strength...... I figured if the nut-sert was the only threaded piece, and the little "arms" of the nut-serts could be made to fit in the back of the slots of the partition, it should work great, and it did; the arms keep the nut serts from spinning around. It also didn't require a $30 heli-coil kit that no one seems to stock locally.....

I think I paid $.25 each for the nut-serts.

Going to do it again tomorrow to an old Husky 50 intake partition.

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone.

Latest posts

Back