Biggest Stump I Have Seen, In Person

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, question: Many of you think that stump's worth around $1,000, give or take, to grind. Maybe more for cleanup. Just out of curiosity, what do you think the tree removal was worth? I know, the tree's gone in the photo so it's hard to say, but obviously it was big and had to come down in pieces. Around here, stump grinding typically amounts to a small fraction of the tree removal cost.....$1,000 stump grinding would make that one very expensive tree. I don't consider myself to live in a poor area, but $1,000 is pushing what most people want to spend on tree removal (yes, of course, some trees cost more). Just curious what you guys think. I'm not doubting that stump is worth a lot to remove, but you can only get what the market will bear no matter what you "think" it's worth, and around here I don't think you could walk away with a grand.

since that thing is right off the road we would roll up with the company crane in and out by lunch time with 3 guys plus the crane op. this is just a guess for price but here it would be 3500 min up to 5K. we do municipal trees like that all the time I dont think one tree we did was over 2k bucks and we still made big money do to high production so yea some guy could do it for 1500-2000 and still make money. out of just our one muni account we did 250 removals from may to oct and just got another list the other day

Back