Blinded by a tree stink bug.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap thats a nasty SOB

[video=youtube;j-wVFLucTks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wVFLucTks&feature=related[/video]

we have the brown marmorated stink bugs here & by the swarm full, its bad & when it gets warm out they`re everywhere, you cant even enjoy an evening cook out!!

that beetle above.........thats funny, boiling liquid from its azz & it has a built in rectal cooling system..........LMFAO

LXT.............

never had a problem with the bugs except the occasional bee or spiders but my worst was a snake bite that really hurts

I thought it would be funny to introduce my fiancee's cat to a stinkbug that got in the house one sunday morn

he batted at it
took a little nibble (snicker snicker )

then i heard the most pitifull caterwauling ever
and her cat was running thru the house with 3 foot of slobber trailing from his nose and mouth

he was fine ...but he proclaimed his distaste for stinkbugs for the next ten minutes from under the bed

so apparently they dont taste too good either !

mike

Friday , last week , I was a short ways up a red maple when I was sprayed in the eyes by an insect. It felt like pins poking into my eyes and it had a very distinct odor , almost synthetic. After regaining my composier and vision I noticed , just above me, a tree stink bug. I grabbed it and tucked it away to show the boss. In twenty something years he has never had a run in with these little buggers. My question is: Has anybody on this forum had this kind of experience? Oh yea , it took 48 hours for the blury vision in the right eye to subside. Interested in hearing from yuzz.
Yesterday I was entering a Silver Maple at 10 meters and watched as a large larvae of some kind, drop on the inside of my safety glasses, and exit at the bottom. In this brief instant, I felt the sharp pain of what seemed like acid begin to burn the left eye, while becoming acutely aware of the stink bug smell around my face. I had to make a quick exit out of the tree to rinse the eye, and after several minutes was able to see again. More than 24 hours later, and the skin at the corner of my eye is still sensitive. I never knew stink bugs carried an arsenal of tear gas!

I thought it would be funny to introduce my fiancee's cat to a stinkbug that got in the house one sunday morn

he batted at it
took a little nibble (snicker snicker )

then i heard the most pitifull caterwauling ever
and her cat was running thru the house with 3 foot of slobber trailing from his nose and mouth

he was fine ...but he proclaimed his distaste for stinkbugs for the next ten minutes from under the bed

so apparently they dont taste too good either !

mike

So is she still a fiancee? :laugh::laugh:

Latest posts

Back